• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Greater fields

• Thread starter Deleted member 210450
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 210450

Hi :)

I would like to give a some monsters spell that creating fields (poison, fire etc.) but greater than default (longer, more dmg per tick). I dont have an idea where to find scripts for fields. Where is it?

Look in spells/scripts/monster and enslaved dwarf skill reducer 1.lua for example. Thats the structure, in combat:setArea(createCombatArea(AREA_CIRCLE2X2)) is where u determine the area of the spell. Those areas u can find in spells/lib/spells.lua. You told me in another topic that u cant make your script from 0, so try to copy some spell that looks like what you want and then change the area, for example. Look in other scripts too, u gonna find how to change damage, ticks... Just change the values and test. Im sure u can find it detailed here in forum. And then u need to add the spell in spells.xml, of course, just follow the pattern, monsters are at the end of the script.

Hi :)

I would like to give a some monsters spell that creating fields (poison, fire etc.) but greater than default (longer, more dmg per tick). I dont have an idea where to find scripts for fields. Where is it?
These are configured within items.xml as you can see here:
XML:
    <item id="10986" article="a" name="fire field">
        <attribute key="type" value="magicfield" />
        <attribute key="replaceable" value="0" />
        <attribute key="field" value="fire">
            <attribute key="damage" value="20" />
            <attribute key="ticks" value="10000" />
            <attribute key="count" value="7" />
            <attribute key="damage" value="10" />
        </attribute>
    </item>

If you want to make a seperate yet stronger version, you would have to create another item via Object Builder and Item Editor and increase these values for it.

Back