• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

GTA4, New computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WibbenZ

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Well I found an old gta IV cd and when I install I get an error!

2d98g0z.png

Also I have a new computer like 5 weeks old not playd mutch on it -.-..

Rep++ for the help :=)

How can fixx?

rep++

/wibben

Try to copy DVD on your harddrive and install from there or try to make image of this DVD and install from it.

Åhh sorry now i see xD you have cd xD look so you not have scratch on the cd xD

ok..

None scratches ;s

GTA IV there is no new gta ;O

vista an xp, But still w7 wasen't even out when this game did come :s

vista an xp, But still w7 wasen't even out when this game did come :s

Try running the installer in compatibility mode for Windows Vista or XP.

If it still gives the same error, I would assume it's because the disk is broken somehow.
Try torrenting a copy of the game and install with your original CD key, should work just as well.

how can I do that windows vista, xp shit ;s

Dossent matter if its a new computer, my computer aint so new but it cost my dad 20k kronor(swe) back then it was one of the best in the market..

Now it cant even handle gta iv.. so check if your computer can handle the game, i think i had the same problem as you when i tryed

how can I do that windows vista, xp shit ;s

Rightclick installer -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Select "Run this program in compatibility mode for ..."

I got windows 7 ;s

but I dont find those things you said.. :s

Your CD is scratched/unreadable or there's a problem with your DVD drive.

I have windows 7, and I could install it without any problem.
CRC error typically does not indicate a bad disc. What a CRC error means is simply reading the same sector and checking what was read (parity) do not match. This can be caused by a faulty cd/dvd rom, or more likely securerom is causing issues.
Make sure the CRC error is in reference to the disc, and not your hard drive. CRC errors on your HDD indicate failing hdd. You may have a faulty disk, and you may have to return it to the store to get a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back