• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Guide to scripting with Lua

Pretty nice tuto!
I want to read it and test too which interpreter did you use?
Thanks in advance

Thank you very much for providing TFS Guide and Lua Guide! It will save a lot of time researching and help avoid asking too many nooby questions here also 😅

@Infernum so I am late to the party discovering this, but bro, amazing work! You are pretty awesome in your instructions, hands down best "Lua wiki" I have ever seen, and that's crazy insane, because its not even completed yet! I eagerly await your "coroutine" explanation (never used them), and some other things that aren't done like math and IO.

Side note , amazing benchmarking! I loved it so much, I pinned the tab! :D

@Infernum so I am late to the party discovering this, but bro, amazing work! You are pretty awesome in your instructions, hands down best "Lua wiki" I have ever seen, and that's crazy insane, because its not even completed yet! I eagerly await your "coroutine" explanation (never used them), and some other things that aren't done like math and IO.

Side note , amazing benchmarking! I loved it so much, I pinned the tab! :D
It'll never be finished, I wrote this in 2 weeks and pretty much forgot about it, that's why there's a lot undone, but at least I explained the fundamentals. I also have moved away from the Tibia community and I'm only fluent with Python nowadays, so there will not be any further progress on it.
Glad you enjoyed it though.

It'll never be finished, I wrote this in 2 weeks and pretty much forgot about it, that's why there's a lot undone, but at least I explained the fundamentals. I also have moved away from the Tibia community and I'm only fluent with Python nowadays, so there will not be any further progress on it.
Glad you enjoyed it though.
Definitely worth maintaining! If you wanted to pass it on to someone, I can try to fill in what I know, and get some pro's help for the coroutines to get it all finished. Then can import same documentation into ots wiki so we have it here too for posterities sake, make sure the work never gets lost.

If not pass it on, could I steal it from there? Would you mind? I am pretty certain I may be able to get the .md files from the inspector in the browser somehow :D

Also sorry to hear you moved away from the tibia community, but I'm glad to see you still check in every now and again. Wish you well with your other coding endeavors! I'd like to keep in touch with you, if you have discord my name is codinablack#4888

very good work indeed! Didnt read it yet or any comments but one thing my school did to their programming courses was to teach us how standard functions are made. We were not allowed to use sort functions, search array functions and other similar stuff that before we managed to make our own versions to understand that nothing in code is automaded but someone did make the lines

Back