• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

GuYs, i'Ve GoT a GrEaT iDeA!1!!

DonVic

Reaction score
Guys! Listen up!

Imagine a server like this:

A 7.x RL MAP low rate server! all nostalgic, old client, old graphics!! With the old school rpg fun feel, like spending hours making runes; no trainers so knights and pallys are basically useless, with such low rates like 1x or 1,5x so it makes the server as grindy and tedious as RL Tibia or even more! and wait for it with the same formulas and all like in the old times so we can have lvl 60 mages overpowing everyone with SDs!!
Then botting will be prohibited but in reality I won't care because im just saying this so people come join in my server, I might punish bots the first 2 days until I realize that most donations are coming from botters so then I'll change my mind!!
Also, im going to call the server with a name that will make sure that players know is a serious long term server, therefore ill put "Tibia" inside the name. I'll call this server, TibiaOriginality. Stay tuned for this new never seen before OTconcept!!1!

Now seriously; this is what I basically read 2 or 3 times a week; most of the new projects are basically trying to sell you the same crap. If you're developing an ot like that im sorry to break it to you, but is not original, nor special, nor it never has been done before; we get servers like that all the time and most of them end up with 10-20 players the first week and the player count goes down for the next weeks until they close down, then they blame the community for not valuing quality.
We are tired of the same things, maybe your ot doesnt work because there are hundreds ots like that were the only difference is in the Client version with the features that version provides and the exp rate.

For the mods: this is not a trolling thread, I used such title and the beginning of the thread for emphasis; I want to have a healthy discussion with the community about this, which im sure it bothers more than one person.

Bumping

I agree only because I'm not a guy that lives in the past. I like progress and change, I'm never going back because "this version was better". I prefer when game is updated with new content and if this content is not in my taste then this is nothing but a sign that it's not longer for me and it's time to move on.
I want to see more servers with latest versions, latest content and even more custom content. You can't stop the progress.

Move on people.

i do agree that most of 7.4 lowrate servers are obsolete, but it's only owners fault for being so incredibly lazy and not being able to adapt to the changing market, there is no need for another 7.4 x2/x1 lowrate because you have tibiantis and medivia, if you cannot understand that then you shouldn't be opening a server

and, well, most of owners dont wanna put in effort to actually fight botters so they just say "we ban bots" when in reality 90% of the server is botting and they don't care as long as they fill their pockets with money

But please stop comparing medivia to 7.4, it's diminishing for what they achieved. And you guys are there bashing 7.4 owners and saying that it's boring and not innovative, but if something very creative pops up (Ranger's Arcani, World of Therran, Necronia, Return of the Saiyans, Grand Line Adventures, Bloodstone and so on (sorry if I missed some)) it's not proportionately popular to what they had to invest, so why do you wonder?

But please stop comparing medivia to 7.4, it's diminishing for what they achieved. And you guys are there bashing 7.4 owners and saying that it's boring and not innovative, but if something very creative pops up (Ranger's Arcani, World of Therran, Necronia, Return of the Saiyans, Grand Line Adventures, Bloodstone and so on (sorry if I missed some)) it's not proportionately popular to what they had to invest, so why do you wonder?
???
medivia is based on a 7.4 protocol

and no, we bashed 7.4 owners for being lazy shits and not making good servers, with medivia/tibiantis being the exception of the rule because those servers are as good as you can get.

For the mods: this is not a trolling thread, I used such title and the beginning of the thread for emphasis; I want to have a healthy discussion with the community about this, which im sure it bothers more than one person.
I don't get this. You want discussion about what? That players want something they don't really want? It's not a problem with server owners that players are talking about oldschool 7.4 all the time, they try to meet their expectations. But those players can't realize that it's fucking 2020 not 2004, and if you do something which is real 7.4 you will get bored after few days.

It's similar to other games, lets say Minecraft for example. You can play whatever version you like, even the alphas but after few hours you will realize that you know everything, every single bug, feature and item. There's nothing exciting about this, maybe just at the beginning because of the nostalgia.

Last edited:
True that about creative servers, but sometimes a stupid decision can kill the whole esperience, like making it p2w (like Return of the Sayians which is more p2play than p2w if im honest...), or some ridiculous low exp rate where it takes you 1 week to reach level 15.

I don't get this. You want discussion about what? That players want something they don't really want? It's not a problem with server owners that players are talking about oldschool 7.4 all the time, they try to meet their expectations. But those players can't realize that it's fucking 2020 not 2004, and if you do something which is real 7.4 you will get bored after few days.

It's similar to other games, lets say Minecraft for example. You can play whatever version you like, even the alphass but after few hours you will realize that you know everything, every single bug, feature and item. There's nothing exciting about this, maybe just at the beginning because of the nostalgia.
About how latly we have old school low rate rl servers popping up every week.
Just want to make sure developers understand that their original idea is not original anymore, we have too many rl servers...
And agree with all the rest, you’re completly right

Imagine a server like this:

A 7.x RL MAP low rate server! all nostalgic, old client, old graphics!! With the old school rpg fun feel, like spending hours making runes; no trainers so knights and pallys are basically useless, with such low rates like 1x or 1,5x so it makes the server as grindy and tedious as RL Tibia or even more! and wait for it with the same formulas and all like in the old times so we can have lvl 60 mages overpowing everyone with SDs!!
Then botting will be prohibited
Reminds me Tibiantis (https://tibiantis.online)
isnt? :D

Amazing Pr0JekT amazing CoNtEnT,
content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content

WHEN OPEN?

Mostly everything is open source, you have very easy access to resources to put up a server without much effort. So the greedy goblins of this community take the chance to get a few pennies into their pockets without actually having any sense of logic, common sense or idea of how to run a quality environment. Let them be, they die within weeks anyway so who cares, maybe those people who play them will eventually come to realisation that they're getting baited.

When you look at it on paper, there's very little people who actually care about making a long lasting, innovative server with a great community & atmosphere to play in so there's no wonder why we are constantly bombarded with the same old stuff, it's the same old people under different names trying the same old tactic, copy/paste, let it die, repeat under different username with clever baiting tactics ;)

If anything, you should be frustrated at the players, not the developers. Most developers create their servers based on what the players want, and the reality is that the majority want to play something relatively close to original tibia, whether that is old school or newer tibia.

And most servers don't want to deviate too much from what Tibia is because of this, at the end OT players want to play Tibia, not an entirely different game. Sure some want to play like EVO or something else, there's limitations is what I'm trying to say. And it's not like you don't have options, there DBZ, Naruto, archlight, ranger's arcani. Why aren't you playing any of those, beause some of them aren't heavily populated? Well then you're in the minority who want to see those types of servers and this is also why developers aren't willing to spend years + thousands of dollars on advertisement/hosting machine/hiring devs to at least have a chance of getting it relatively populated, enough to POTENTIALLY earn more than what they spend(Just the money part).

If anything, you should be frustrated at the players, not the developers. Most developers create their servers based on what the players want, and the reality is that the majority want to play something relatively close to original tibia, whether that is old school or newer tibia.

And most servers don't want to deviate too much from what Tibia is because of this, at the end OT players want to play Tibia, not an entirely different game. Sure some want to play like EVO or something else, there's limitations is what I'm trying to say. And it's not like you don't have options, there DBZ, Naruto, archlight, ranger's arcani. Why aren't you playing any of those, beause some of them aren't heavily populated? Well then you're in the minority who want to see those types of servers and this is also why developers aren't willing to spend years + thousands of dollars on advertisement/hosting machine/hiring devs to at least have a chance of getting it relatively populated, enough to POTENTIALLY earn more than what they spend(Just the money part).
Depends, I actually think most developers create their servers based on what's more easy/requires less time/has more resources; and RL ots has the most information/resources atm based on how many ots are there .

The problem with custom, new maps, is that they are badly designed; they might look amazing and all that but the gameplay can be boring, I played some amazing custom map ots where I had to walk for 30 minutes from one city to another, and in the journey I only found rats and bears, RL tibia like it or not is very well designed, gameplay wise, you find something everywhere you go and it's fun exploring. Most custom maps I played had a common problem, they looked great, but they werent great to play, you had to walk too much through empty wilderness.

Actually for me is the opposite, I avoid heavy populated servers; my problem with those are the following:

- Dragon Ball servers: Ridiculous high hits, you see chars hitting 50000k, looks like a x9999 baiak; also, you find armors, helmets etc that gives you 70000/sec regen HP, and stuff like that. Badly mapped, cheap graphics, etc. It's not fun to play for more than 20 minutes; there are some exceptions like Return of The Sayians, that does everything well except on the PAY2WIN aspect, I played the server for a few hours but got disgusted since you need to pay to continue playing- they could actually make a ridiculous amount of money selling cosmetics, like addons, since DB has a good fanbase who would pay for it, but well.

-Naruto servers, never watched the series + don't like the graphics, the sprites look very cheap in my opinion, worst than DB.

-Pokemon servers, same issue with DB, the hits are too high, it makes the gameplay dumb, you also usually have a ridiculous p2w; most servers are based on fishing. And the maps are very similar, I hope one day we see a close map, like gba style, with real hits and hp based on the games, a story mode, etc.

-Archlight/Ranger Arcani, played in the past, great servers.

-Evos, nothing compared with the past, you have like 10 left, were half of them are very old ots with extremely high lvl chars; others are just download/run servers, once in a while there are some evos popping up with amazing ideas like Xilux.

I honestly think that if you need to spend a lot of money in advertising it means your ot is fucking trash; advertising is not going to save your ot from becoming dead, no matter how much money is spent, if the ot is bad people will leave. A good ot will always be able to retain players, see what I mean:

Otservlist featured servers:

Trashformers
us.png
trashformers.ddns.net
Uptime: 99.53%
Port: 7171
Players: 7 / 2000

------

Dura - Harder Tibia
us.png
go.dura-online.com
Uptime: 96.65%
Players: 3 / 2000

------

ADVANCED GLOBAL OTS
pl.png
advancedots.online
Uptime: 99.81%
Players: 6 / 300

-------

Map Real Rpg 7.4
tf.png
login.kiperlot.com
Uptime: 94.93%
Players: 2 / 800

-------

All taken right now from the featured servers section in otservlist; no matter how much money they spend they are still the same, RL servers; advertising is useful when you have a unique product that you believe is important that people discover, because if people discover it they will think, "wow this is special I might stay here too see how it continues improving and having fun". But when all you offer is a RL map with low rates, people will be like "WOW another RL server, this is the 7th ot like this that I played today, why should I stay here and not in the other 6 ots I played? because they spent money in advertising?"

Last edited:
First of all, advertisement has HUGE impact, it doesn't matter if you create the best OT of all time. If you don't advertise, you won't have many players, I'm sure other people can vouch for this.

Dura, one of the servers you listed(That I'm developing), hasn't even released yet. I'm not saying there's not a possiblity it's gonna be a dead ot, but it seems you're just taking everything at face value. You probably don't even know what these "RL" ots are offering that's different, you just see RL and you just ignore the rest? Maybe the other servers you listed hasn't release either, how would I know, I sure ain't gonna take your word for it.

Your arguments for not playing the other OTs are understandable.

Since you don't value advertisement, I don't even know if this is worth discussing with you, but do you even have any idea how much time and effort it takes to make an OT that you're suggesting? It's no longer a one-man project, you'd need two or three dedicated people that'll work full-time for many months with different skill-sets, then whether you realise it or not, it's gonna cost thousands of dollars, including advertisement.
(Unless you're satisfied with having very low chance of populating your OT through pure luck, rather than playing it safely/the way you should)

First of all, advertisement has HUGE impact, it doesn't matter if you create the best OT of all time. If you don't advertise, you won't have many players, I'm sure other people can vouch for this.

Dura, one of the servers you listed(That I'm developing), hasn't even released yet. I'm not saying there's not a possiblity it's gonna be a dead ot, but it seems you're just taking everything at face value. You probably don't even know what these "RL" ots are offering that's different, you just see RL and you just ignore the rest? Maybe the other servers you listed hasn't release either, how would I know, I sure ain't gonna take your word for it.

Your arguments for not playing the other OTs are understandable.

Since you don't value advertisement, I don't even know if this is worth discussing with you, but do you even have any idea how much time and effort it takes to make an OT that you're suggesting? It's no longer a one-man project, you'd need two or three dedicated people that'll work full-time for many months with different skill-sets, then whether you realise it or not, it's gonna cost thousands of dollars, including advertisement.
(Unless you're satisfied with having very low chance of populating your OT through pure luck, rather than playing it safely/the way you should)
You overvalue advertising, this is a big problem not only in the OT world, it happens in every business aspect. No matter how much advertising you do, it doesn’t matter if the product is not good. In stead of spending that much money/time on advertising you could spend it in making your product (ot) as good as possible.

Advertising helps attract new people, but whats important is that they stay, no matter how much you spend there, advertising cannot make people stay. Ill rather see an OT seeing a slow-regular growth from 3 to 5 players daily the first 2 weeks, to 10-15 the next weeks, to 30-40 next, etc etc than seeing at ot with 70 players the first week, and seeing that number decrease weekly, which is what I see the most.

I didn’t know it wasn’t launched yet, I just went to Otservlist, took every ot that appeared in featured and posted it here, just to show what I meant, but you’re right, I didn’t checked them.

Don’t get me wrong, I value a lot advertisment, but people seem to give it too much importance when upping the quality, gameplay, features and differentiation of your ot should be the priority.

I actually think one of the main problems with today Otservs is that developers treat them as if they are big ass companies; ill rather play a small fun OT where the owner has a small team of friends, tinkering with features and regularly adding things for fun than an OT thats is trying to act as a standalone Videogame, where they end up charging you 15 euros a month for premium. OTservers made for profit because you dont want to have a job usually fails, in the other hands, OTservers done because you want to have fun, learn and want people to share that fun are usually the better one. Don’t forget that one day Cipsoft could go ballistic and get rid of the top 10 most populated OTs, that could create a ragequit on most players and good luck to the community.

@DonVic
Advertising helps attract new people, but whats important is that they stay, no matter how much you spend there, advertising cannot make people stay.
Ekhm, Realesta. Everyone know that its bugged server and will die after 1 month just like every other XX edition. But more than 1k ppl at once joined, because some famous Polish streamer joined it too. And others followed them. So don't say that its not important, it's really important. Especially in OpenTibia with many similar looking servers.

The problem with custom, new maps, is that they are badly designed; they might look amazing and all that but the gameplay can be boring, I played some amazing custom map ots where I had to walk for 30 minutes from one city to another, and in the journey I only found rats and bears, RL tibia like it or not is very well designed, gameplay wise, you find something everywhere you go and it's fun exploring. Most custom maps I played had a common problem, they looked great, but they werent great to play, you had to walk too much through empty wilderness.
I will not agree with this, mostly the part about RL Map. It's not fun to explore, it's not heavily populated with monsters, you just know this map very well for many years and you know where to go and what to expect.
Every other custom map needs to be explored and as an example I can bring our map from RA (I don't say it's the best map or better than X/Y/Z, just plain example). I think that our map is quite densily packed and you can find a lot of things just outside the first city but people still keep asking about some directions, hunt places and there are still some areas that weren't discovered by anyone, or were discovered just by few people. For some reason people are afraid or too lazy to explore and discover new things, quests, secrets.

Back