• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[HACKED]My OT is getting hacked

Pr0xy

Banned User
Reaction score
Hello ! I'm running a xml server, but the freaking pls are hacking it all the time... No offence for the kind pls :p so I wonder how they do? Do they find bugs on my website or hack my comp? Thanks
Btw its my friend hosting so I'll give u more info soon about this case.

The problem is XML, it's very insecure. Try using SQLite or SQL with a strong password, that will most likely lessen the amount of hacks

Omg, I just rofl so hard... Couldn't help myself, also could've been a funny thing that I saw when I watched Scrubs at the same moment, but anyway. I pity you, Fjällturken.. ;)

then how can you explain this..

I runned an XML server for a year.. Never got hacked.
And now i changed to SQL.. oh yea, i have been hacked.. 5 times?

Explain that? -.-

@Up
Lol? Its your business rotfl :D
Maybe you are so lame and they hacked you.
I've got sql server and i've never been hacked, and so what? Maybe beacosue never a good hacker didnt attack ma server, i think if someone will attack my server he will hacked it.
Its your server and you must protect it, if you are only downloading and not doing anything, then dont blame anyone that somebody hacked you.

Btw:
Sql is better than XML, and sql is more secure than XML. You can say that xml is better, but its only your opinion, and i think you are not pro. You can ask some developers and they will tell you that sql is better than xml.

The problem is XML, it's very insecure. Try using SQLite or SQL with a strong password, that will most likely lessen the amount of hacks

XML servers is not any less secure then SQL. In general, I would say ppl using XML as storage gets less "hacked".
Because there is more other holes related to SQL then to XML. For example "the xampp folder" and "phpmyadmin" are both gigantic SQL Holes.

Last edited:
I don't use xampp :eek:

As Jimot says, if you got strong pass, noone will be able to hack you, just don't give that pass to other one than your self!
Exemple for Password: !G0770G0@45!(extrem)

I am sure that someone won't be able to find out a password like that, and ofc, if you have a keylogger at your computer it isn't the Sql that sux, it is u cause you downloaded that infected file...

Edit: my exemple I gave, you can't get any safer than that, or yes if you are able to use something like this as password: åäö, └ ♣ ect.

Yepp tosse, !G0770G0@45! and ur safe xd, if u had a strong password then maybe u got a keylogger installed on your computer. re-install ur computer and maybe ur clean.

Yeap, that is the easiest way to get ride of virus/keylogger/malweare w/e You got ^_^ But re-install don't work, you just re-install windows xp/vista, you need to format your hard drive (Remove every singel file that exists there and then install windows vista/xp again, then you are 100% clean. Be sure not to have your internet cable on your computer until you got a anti-virus program :p )

Hello ! I'm running a xml server, but the freaking pls are hacking it all the time... No offence for the kind pls :p so I wonder how they do? Do they find bugs on my website or hack my comp? Thanks
Btw its my friend hosting so I'll give u more info soon about this case.

XML is so easy to crack

lol diablo. u can't crack that. i know. just couple of nerds even dont go to school trying to get access to GM Account. and when they know the password they would say "its so easy to crack XML".

Back