• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hacking problem!

Saj

Remember my name
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I host a server and I bought a dedicated server. I use theforgottenserver(the newest version) and Gesiors site. I've reoved phpmyadmin from xampp and still my server got hacked by a guy, I don't know HOW, but he managed to give everyone level etc.. So I wonder what can I do to protect my server?

Alastorz, to answer your previous question about disabling root access from remote host post-install, i dont think that is possible (unless you go about messing around in the .ini-files of the server).

So the only viable solution to disable remote root access, is to reinstall your mysql.

However you CAN edit one option post-installation, using mysql administrator, which disables your servers abilities to listen on any other IP than localhost, thus everything trying to access your mysql server OUTSIDE of your own computer, would be rejected.

Back