• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hallabackkid's Mapping <Tips Please>

hallabackkid101

Reaction score
screenshot_2013-12-17-15-42-43.png screenshot_2013-12-17-15-42-52.png screenshot_2013-12-17-15-42-36.png Hello everyone, Please take a look at the following images and grade them from 1-10. I'm making a war server, and I need all the tips possible! Thanks!

screenshot_2013_12_17_15_42_36.png

3/10
Nature is horrible the fire in the wall dont make sence, teleports in the middle of the map, fire on the roof, some stuff that doesnt make sence in the map, etc..

Don't put stuff here that are made for "weekly" servers.
Same as What'Up, nature is horrible, dark grass makes it look even worse.
Fountain on the roof, holes in the roof, fire on the roof, lamp on the roof.
Add some normal nature, correct the borders, correct the stuff on the water.
For now its trash, im sorry.
Overall: everything is not on it place 2/10

Okay, lets see.
First of all same as BlueSky told. Dark grass shouldn't be there. Change it to bright and for option, use dark one as a small detail for the brighter one.
Fire out.
Hanging bridge have no sense between these building. You should use it in the area of rocks, moutains and other.
Fountain at the roof. Hmm, just remove it. Same the big foot shape from paved floor. It's place is on gravel or grass.
Remove grass tuffs from well.
You shuldn't put two or more big trees next to each other. Just place one and put small fir trees and buches around.
In fact, everything here suck. Just start again and show us clean good map. Just take a look how good mapper do it and do as they. Think about realism when you insert another element on the map.
I greet and wish you success.

And don't forget to zoom off before taking screenshots (Crtl + middle click). ;)

Back