• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hansihinter's Mapping Thread

hansihinter

Reaction score
A few screenshots from the maps that I made:

MisterBurns3.jpg

Bluebeard_zpse05b5e4f.jpg

terror.jpg

Terminatortreasure_zps7ecfadea.jpg

Zhulfortress_zpsfa1a4d3d.jpg

Zhulvarak_zps2ccdf613.jpg

Terminator_zps219b4025.jpg

mazeofzhul2012.jpg

demondungeon3_zps121b4fe6.jpg

mappingblackswampgolems_zps473952e0.jpg

mappingblackswamp_zps8f4b5025.jpg

mappingmazeofzhul_zps86c857f9.jpg

mappingfortress_zps1aa502d9.jpg

mappingblackdragon_zpsee2924f8.jpg

Only like the first swamp one, even though too much autoborder.
Start using RAW and you'll come up with a lot better results.

I barely use autoborder but nice try of a bad criticism and as soon as I turn on ghost loose items you can see that I don't use autoborders most of the time. With the exception of the swamp when the map was empty, but that doesn't mean I didn't correct the borders and turned autoborder off after the first mapping. In addition the borders of the zaoan maps are supposed to look like they overlap but I did never use autoborder for any of those, so there are no errors there or like 20 borders stacked. It's just a copy of the real tibia style there. In case you come up with some "nono you're wrong it's not like that in real tibia" here:
During the first mins it isn't overlapping much but if you skip to minute 14 you can see it's overlapping more and more. Just spare me you're childish use raw when you have no clue at all if I use autoborder and in case you still don't believe me let's do this:

mappingghostlooseitems_zps8470c639.jpg

Oh what a surprise there are no borders behind the walls at all and in the overlapping areas you can see there are NOT 20 autoborders stacked. Just copying the real tibia style and there is nothing bad about copying that style at all.

Last edited:
A friendly hint: Stop the excessive explanations when replying to your criticism. Adding images with ghost and a video is a little bit too much. For example just a simple "Thanks for your criticism, though I'm using a mixture of raw and autoborder. I've been inspired by the real tibia style to make these pieces." would suffice. Adding a long and explanatory rant about how, what and why will only make you look like a self-loving ass.

As of the maps: I do see the inspiration you have gotten from the real tibia style. Most of this work has potential. You're not quite there yet, but I bet with a little training you can achieve better results than you currently have (not saying they're bad). I'd strongly advise you to not only look at real tibia, but look at the work of other mappers on this forum. Take inspiration from them as well, mix the styles you like and you will get your own style from this.

In my opinion ur maps arent bad but some sprites just don't fit together like in the snow area u added those pyramid statues so it doesnt look real

Real Tibia mapping is a shit. Don't excuse yourself with such things please.. Half of OTLand mappers want to puke when they walk from Thais to Venore etc.. The mapping is sad. Noone cares about Real Tibia mapping on a mapping showoff thread. If you can't take any negative feedback, don't create a "mapping" thread.
And yeah, you think that when I or anyone else looks for ideas we actually open a rl map and just look at it?
NO.
If I personally open a mapping showoff thread, having an idea, but missing something, in need of an inspiration for something, then I look for what fits, what doesn't. How the map looks overall, how to make different styles fit together, not just put X styles of walls connected to each other.

Last edited:
Yeah he total right. Tibia Maps are total bullshit even a br can map better stuff than that. Tibia realmap no inspiration at all and jacobs is right that real tibia players complain about the superbad mapping all the time. It's such a crap better delete all real tibia maps and noone cares about them at all. Take ideas from the best mapper here jacobs. Your maps are just bad please delete remere and go back to watch TV.

Real Tibia mapping is a shit. Don't excuse yourself with such things please.. Half of OTLand mappers want to puke when they walk from Thais to Venore etc.. The mapping is sad. Noone cares about Real Tibia mapping on a mapping showoff thread. If you can't take any negative feedback, don't create a "mapping" thread.
And yeah, you think that when I or anyone else looks for ideas we actually open a rl map and just look at it?
NO.
If I personally open a mapping showoff thread, having an idea, but missing something, in need of an inspiration for something, then I look for what fits, what doesn't. How the map looks overall, how to make different styles fit together, not just put X styles of walls connected to each other.
I love rl map. Perfect amount of detailing and locations.

that's on purpose I wanted it to look like there is a second layer nailed over the first layer. But maybe I could add a few nails so it's more obvious.

NO.

I actually like CipSoft's map, during the 7.40 era. Sure a bit squary here and there but it's pure RPG.

OT: I smell autborder. I don't even need to see it with my eyes on a few pictures. There are a lot of tricks to see if it's autoborder or not. Sure, I use it sometimes but I think it should be 75% RAW and 25% autoborder. Keep on mapping, and take this as a advice! :)

Back