• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows [Hardware and Software] Advices?

Rabbe

Reaction score
Alright I'm gonna give you the situation from the beginning, I wanna host an OT server. I wanna have real-tibia map (well atleast as far as it goes), with no lags and perhaps 300 (atleast 200) players available online at the same time (without lag).

This is my current setup:
Intel P4 3.0 ghz HT
1 gig ram
40gb HDD
100/10 internet
Windows XP pro

Which is the best way here to guarantee no lags?

Will something like this work?
Intel P4 3.0GHZ HT (same cpu)
4 gig RAM
160gb HDD (faster one)
100/10 internet
Windows server 2003/windows 98?

Or do you have any other suggestions?
Cause RAM is, what I've heard, the most important thing when you host an OT. So if it's doable with that CPU I might buy the new RAM and host an OT.

Would be nice to have some comments from experienced people!

Rabbe.

Alright I'm gonna give you the situation from the beginning, I wanna host an OT server. I wanna have real-tibia map (well atleast as far as it goes), with no lags and perhaps 300 (atleast 200) players available online at the same time (without lag).

This is my current setup:
Intel P4 3.0 ghz HT
1 gig ram
40gb HDD
100/10 internet
Windows XP pro

Which is the best way here to guarantee no lags?

Will something like this work?
Intel P4 3.0GHZ HT (same cpu)
4 gig RAM
160gb HDD (faster one)
100/10 internet
Windows server 2003/windows 98?

Or do you have any other suggestions?
Cause RAM is, what I've heard, the most important thing when you host an OT. So if it's doable with that CPU I might buy the new RAM and host an OT.

Would be nice to have some comments from experienced people!

Rabbe.

You must be joking "Windows 98"..
And the computer is fine, just change Windows 98 to Windows XP
:thumbup:

I think you can host real map with this for sure. Because player amount depends only on internet speed, and you got enough RAM for real-map.

My comp is like :
3GB Ram
1.80GHz Intel Core Dual
10/100 mb internet ;P

I can host real maps with around 100 players :p

A real map these days takes about 2GB ram to host 1,5 - 2gb :p so the second computer would be fine except that part with windows 98 ;)

Back