• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapper Harry Potter Online

tosuxo

Reaction score
Well, as you may have seen or played before, Harry Potter online is a custom server based in the world of the Harry Potter books.

I'm currently looking for:
1 Mapper - Please PM with screenshots of previous work.

Payment will be an equal share in any donations taken from the server (i.e. if there's 5 of us it gets split up every month into 5, after server bill is paid naturally).

Why should you apply for a job on this server?
The server is very near completion (to re-release specification) and has an existing fanbase, however there is just too much work for me to do alone, like I have been doing up to now.
This server is truly unique, currently with listless features I've added such as:
mining (not the copy-paste script, my own game-specific one)
potion making (100% complete)
herbology (50% complete, but works)
wandmaking (100%)
broom making (100%)
economy system inc. tax system (80%, still minor work)

I'm only looking for people who are enthusiastic about making this game work. So please only apply (via PM) if you really want to see this game successful. There will be no high-powered donation items either, donations give you a Premium Account, which acts like real-tibia premium (extra spells, equipment, locations etc).

Please either post here your basic details such as:
Name, Experience, Age, Why you want the position, any Evidence of previous work.

Also, we will shortly be recruiting Teachers (GMs) as well as Prefects (Tutors) and Head Students (Senior Tutor) so please also post here if you are interested in the positions.

Thank you for your time reading this thread.
Edit: Here is the original thread advertising the server, please ignore the pathetic flaming: http://otland.net/f43/sweden-harry-potter-online-custom-client-97250/

Last edited:
Bump:
Please note that this is an almost-complete (to first true release standards) project, so you won't have to put much work in to get this server up and going.

I have the server up and running right now to test scripts (hosted on dedicated server, 1gb, 1.5ghz, 100mbps up/down (can't do speedtest as it's not hosted locally)). So everything is ready pretty much, we just need more before it's released fully.

Bump:
Just looking for 1 mapper now. I have a spriter who will work on this project along with his main project.
The map is already around 4.8mb (I think, from memory), so you won't have much work to do for now, so really it's easy money for you ;)

bump - no offers yet? shame 'cos this project is ready for release, just finishing balancing =P

If so, why looking for mapper? ^^

'cos I'm not very artistic haha, i'm more of a programmer than a mapper =P
I do the best I can but I know the game would be better with a more skilled mapper =D

I'm not an advanced mapper, though I can map with detail.

I have no idea about Harry Potter, though it seems like a nice server, so I'd like to join the team..

If you need me, just drop me a pm.

bump - still looking for mapper/s.
This server will be released within 2 weeks (fully functional... DEATH STAR!!! (ok, not a Death Star... but couldn't resist the reference))

Back