• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Has anyone checked the latest nostalrius client for spyware? Hear me out.

Spanish_Mazapan

Mazapan
Reaction score
Hello everyone
i know 7.4 clients or 8.x versions of tibia have detections that are false positives. Usualy is the same detection name from the same anti malware software. Putting that aside after the latest drama on otland from this thread: Nostalrius 7.7 (https://otland.net/threads/nostalrius-7-7.262407/) and the current dev team releasing new clients of nostalrius latest br version. I notice it opens an adittional port and the detection is different from other custom clients.

NOT SAYING it is spyware but has someone checked it lately? It is safe?

Dont worry about one detection there are many client releases that has 0 detections using virus total and stay like that for weeks. And guess what? they are spyware. Abou Nostarious i dont trust the team behind it nor vicky or his 10 accounts. You just need to choose well what ot you want to play because 1/10 of them are malicious.

It could be related to the cam system interface, or part of the OTCv8 systems which is what Nostalrius Client is based on, what port is your client opening externally besides the 7171/7172 so I can take a look here?

It could be related to the cam system interface, or part of the OTCv8 systems which is what Nostalrius Client is based on, what port is your client opening externally besides the 7171/7172 so I can take a look here?

hey @Ezzz i ve been following your release great work

are you still behind nostalrius br? thought that you will be done with them after that post that i appreciate much and use for reference . after that thread i decided not to trust them too

hey @Ezzz i ve been following your release great work

are you still behind nostalrius br? thought that you will be done with them after that post that i appreciate much and use for reference . after that thread i decided not to trust them too

Hey, I'm glad to hear you like my work, there is still much more to be done and released to the public.

www.nostalrius.com.br, is my best friend's server, I work for him as well, he's not the one that leaked my server, it was another co-worker, Nostalrius.com.br is trustworthy, but I can't say much on their client side since it's @kondra 's work, and as to the extra port on the client it should have to be discussed with him personally, I'm sure it's nothing harmful.

if it's v8, it collects a lot of data about your system and hardware you're using, server you're playing and probably country (at least it did back when he had usage stats displayed in his thread)
probably uses that port to send the data to kondra server

Last edited:
if it's v8, it collects a lot of data about your system and hardware you're using, server you're playing and probably country (at least it did back when he had usage stats displayed in his thread)
probably uses that port to send the data to kondra server
I did not look futher but it makes sense based on my previous analysis still is too fishy for me

Hmm.. I guess a web client would alleviate any spyware doubt.
psst.. been working on a web-based OTClient for the past few months

Back