• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Has anyone done this..?

• Thread starter Deleted member 49793
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 49793

Has anyone ever made a super unique custom server, just with the real tibia map...?

Like extremely unique systems, Farming, Mining, Crafting, Custom vocs, whatever else you want to throw in there that makes a server custom and unique. But on a real map...

I feel like then it doesn't overwhelm new players, as they atleast know the map. Has this been done?

I cant recollect anyone having done this before in my 6 years in otland community.

I was playing once on ot where gm edited real map (new spawns/a bit edited city/many secrets inside thais - hidden keys to houses with little reward for new players) he used a lot of new map too. I think when someone add new secrets to real map and edit a bit whole map it wont overwhelm new players and they gonna explore continent like they were doing it on 'old tibia' when they login to tibia for first time

I haven't seen it, but even if you triple your features i dont think its too much.

Its all about how easy is to learn and use the features.

Speaking from my experience:
I have custom server and added 1 item: vial of water. It could only be made using empty vial on water fluid type object. (in my case a ocean)
First problem i had was, how to let players know, without him having to see patch notes that something like this has been added to my game?
So i added extra hint message to NPC, what told: "vial of water is good for mana"

I assumed that players will figure it out and want to try it out.
only 1 player out of ~10 started using vial of water.
No clue why others didn't, but i guess they didn't care to even try or didn't understand.
On next patch I improved the vial of water quality and spread the message.
A little more players started using Vial of water, but none of the new players.
On the last update, I made making vial of water part of mission.
Finally someone asked me: "where I get vial? I want to complete a mission."
The problem was that most people didn't know how to get the empty vial xD (had to say "trade" to cook)

All that trouble for making vial of water, what is hardly an feature xD
Now i have brewing system and cooking system.
Only 1 player knows how to do these in my server (besides me)

What i'm trying to say is, you not only gotta make the features easy to use, but easy to learn.
And sadly without OTC its a bit harder to do so.

Next thing im gona try is: taking out the another bit of tibia feeling out of my server (NPC chat system) and repalce it with Witchcraft/skyrim like npc system. (AKA talking NPC's trough modal windows)

I'm slowly, very slowly using the real tibia shape to create my own custom map. Which of course later on would come scripts, different quests. I have never really liked the custom vocations and spells that people make.

Yea its tough to do anything unique nowadays cause most players wont take 15 seconds to learn it.. (understandably so though, im lazy on new servers too)

Has anyone ever made a super unique custom server, just with the real tibia map...?

Like extremely unique systems, Farming, Mining, Crafting, Custom vocs, whatever else you want to throw in there that makes a server custom and unique. But on a real map...

I feel like then it doesn't overwhelm new players, as they atleast know the map. Has this been done?

I cant recollect anyone having done this before in my 6 years in otland community.

I tried it, and people said I was a sell-out and lazy and that I used to make good servers. So within a week I shut it down.

Ur still much less of a sellout than a real tibia map dl and run

If you use a real map I won't play it no matter how custom it is, what features you have, or how good it is.
Why ruin all the uniqueness by using a real map.
This has been done a few times, even recently there was a real map server with a ton of vocations and stuff, but it didn't work out.

The main goal when making custom features is to make it as simple as possible. Like I've said before most players are noobs and are to lazy to figure things out.
Making a real map with complicated features doesn't make the server and less overwhelming.
If you really want your server to not be overwhelming then you need to make your features unique, but as the same time simple and to the point.

If you use a real map I won't play it no matter how custom it is, what features you have, or how good it is.
Why ruin all the uniqueness by using a real map.
This has been done a few times, even recently there was a real map server with a ton of vocations and stuff, but it didn't work out.

The main goal when making custom features is to make it as simple as possible. Like I've said before most players are noobs and are to lazy to figure things out.
Making a real map with complicated features doesn't make the server and less overwhelming.
If you really want your server to not be overwhelming then you need to make your features unique, but as the same time simple and to the point.

Your the one of the first people to call me a Sell-Out and that my server was bad when I released it xD.
At least you are honest about your opinion.

QUOTE="Flatlander, post: 2250067, member: 30883" Your the one of the first people to call me a Sell-Out and that my server was bad when I released it xD.
At least you are honest about your opinion.[ QUOTE]
You owned a real map server? When was this xD. I honestly don't remember you ever having a real map server or calling you a sell-0ut. :eek:
You know that I love all of your unique servers, but once you jump on that real map bandwagon then..

16aqids.png

QUOTE="Flatlander, post: 2250067, member: 30883" Your the one of the first people to call me a Sell-Out and that my server was bad when I released it xD.
At least you are honest about your opinion.[ QUOTE]
You owned a real map server? When was this xD. I honestly don't remember you ever having a real map server or calling you a sell-0ut. :eek:
You know that I love all of your unique servers, but once you jump on that real map bandwagon then..

16aqids.png

It had a stat system and spell learning system.

I went through all the quests in RL Tibia, and Deleted EVERYTHING behind the quest doors and re-did the quests so they were different, had different puzzles, etc. (And I added some new quests).

Every single monster in the game had a new ability. So you'd fight spiders that jumped at you, snakes had a sprint spell, dragons used a fire dance spell etc.
But, there was a rare chance that you could LOOT the spell that monster uses. So you could hunt monsters until you looted their spell, then learn it.

You also had a certain amount of "Spell Points" so you could only learn a certain amount of spells at one time. You'd have to "unlearn" old spells to learn new spells.

Also, melee strikes used mana, and the higher your max mana was, the faster your attackspeed. Meaning at 0% mana you'd hit once every 2 seconds, but at 100% mana you'd hit once every second.

Then there was a stat system, where each level you received 3 points, and you could put it on Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, Stamina, or Dexterity. (You'd have to spend your points at the temple where the monks were like cipfried in rookguard.

It was pretty fun to me, other people didn't like it.

Ohhhhh I remember now! I don't think I ever called you a sell-out though. :p
I do remember that there was something I didn't really like but now that I think about it, it doesn't sound all that bad.

It had a stat system and spell learning system.

I went through all the quests in RL Tibia, and Deleted EVERYTHING behind the quest doors and re-did the quests so they were different, had different puzzles, etc. (And I added some new quests).

Every single monster in the game had a new ability. So you'd fight spiders that jumped at you, snakes had a sprint spell, dragons used a fire dance spell etc.
But, there was a rare chance that you could LOOT the spell that monster uses. So you could hunt monsters until you looted their spell, then learn it.

You also had a certain amount of "Spell Points" so you could only learn a certain amount of spells at one time. You'd have to "unlearn" old spells to learn new spells.

Also, melee strikes used mana, and the higher your max mana was, the faster your attackspeed. Meaning at 0% mana you'd hit once every 2 seconds, but at 100% mana you'd hit once every second.

Then there was a stat system, where each level you received 3 points, and you could put it on Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, Stamina, or Dexterity. (You'd have to spend your points at the temple where the monks were like cipfried in rookguard.

It was pretty fun to me, other people didn't like it.

That sounds pretty fun actually

In my spare time I've been messing around with a server I got, it'd be faster paced tibia, with an attribute system on items, with exploring and PVE just as important in PVE. Not to mention a few unique classes, that may be OP at a trade off.

Hey bro, i'm doing a server with this kind of features... I already included fabrics such as papers to make books, mining factory, and some farming and obstacles systems.

I'm doing by myself because its really hard trust my many years of work into someone that don't care, and it's suks because it's good to share things.. But anyway, i can handle this...

Just here to say that this kind of stuff is on my mind! And i'm working on it hehe

Hey bro, i'm doing a server with this kind of features... I already included fabrics such as papers to make books, mining factory, and some farming and obstacles systems.

I'm doing by myself because its really hard trust my many years of work into someone that don't care, and it's suks because it's good to share things.. But anyway, i can handle this...

Just here to say that this kind of stuff is on my mind! And i'm working on it hehe
Crazy. Maybe @Sir Knighter can apply? Heard he is always searching for new challenges 👀

Hello @Sir Knighter, I sended you a message!
Post automatically merged:

Well, i just think this is kind of a joke...

Damn guys, i didn't believed that someone in Canada could be mean... Germany i coulnd't doubt about it lol

So that's it, kings of this little piece of earth

Last edited:
Hello @Sir Knighter, I sended you a message!
Ahhh sorry now I feel bad, @Blackstone was just playing a joke on me and I went along with it. I'm the owner of Ravendawn and Archlight - Ravendawn Online - Landing (https://ravendawn.online) & ArchlightOnline - Choose your server (https://archlightonline.com) - I'm actually too busy to do something like this. Both these projects are what 6 years ago I talked about one day making hehe. Best of luck though and welcome to the community <3

Back