• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Has anyone released a ot client(distribution) for the new tibia servers?

DiNunzio

Reaction score
I use to host ots back in the day and i had the itch to start up again. but i would like a ot server that is fairly new. ( tibia 12.0+) however, i am not sure if it has even been made.

I have searched in downloads i just want a yes there is a client, or no there is not.

please and thank you.

Everything here is so outdated. After hours of searching through the forums. Between the distributions, the map editors, etc. Everything is severely outdated. How come tibia 12.0+ is not supported on Otland? Also how come there are no tutorials for setting up OTS for Tibia 12.0+.

PS. Even the links in the tutorials for setting up my own ots is for Client 9.6 and before.

man ots devolpment is dead. and noone is trying to use tibia 11+ because of how much works it takes
ur best bet would either be using
tibia 10.98 or bad otclient with tfs 1.3
or some outdated server with client 8.6. u can use tfs 1.3 for this too but takes too much knowledge for u

Everything here is so outdated. After hours of searching through the forums. Between the distributions, the map editors, etc. Everything is severely outdated. How come tibia 12.0+ is not supported on Otland? Also how come there are no tutorials for setting up OTS for Tibia 12.0+.

PS. Even the links in the tutorials for setting up my own ots is for Client 9.6 and before.
I think you might be missing the point of development. A lot of tutorials released here are based on people's triumphs & tribulations. Things they have learned on their own & things they learned from others on this forum or elsewhere. If you look hard enough you will be able to build at least a 10.98 server. The tutorial's section is a good place to start.

Setup & compile the otclient the map editor & even some other tools such as object builder the aac's and whatever else exists. This although it isn't 12 can still be a good foundation to proceed further and test out ideas. The most important thing is to have a working environment even if it isn't exactly what you're looking for.

The next stage in the development process is to focus on something you find that comes natural such as mapping, scripting, source editing, web design or development or even sprite editing. If you don't know how to do any of these things well then this is next step to focus on. I'll list the minimum requirements for each aspect except for mapping & sprite editing since it's an artsy thing.

Bare minimum requirements:
Scripts - a solid foundation in lua & sql.
Source editing - general knowledge in C++, xml, lua & sql.
Web development (backend) - general knowledge in html, php, xml & sql.
Web design/development (frontend) - general knowledge in html, css, JavaScript, xml.
Last but not least - Patience & perseverance.

No one becomes an expert overnight & some use previous experience to migrate to this platform and still have trouble in setting everything up but that is why there is a support forum.

The reason i like this project is that it can run on almost any platform (windows, mac, linux and maybe even a mobile device)

I don't think there is any development community at least not in my experience that gives you a full package without any leg work or knowledge to run right out of the box.

If that isn't what you're looking for then maybe you're in the wrong place?

TLDR: Maybe that is what your problem is?

Last edited:

I am afraid I must agree with DiNunzio, I also came back after leaving when Tibia was still in 8.6, and OTs always kept very up to date to the real Tibia, being 8.7 the official version when OTs where in 8.6, and know it seems everything got abandoned in 10.98 while tibia kept moving on.

You can find stuff if you search on the forums, but most of the stuff are relics from long time ago. It feels just bad to see that this could be the beginning of the end of OTs.

Yeah, because this community lack people that actually do stuff instead of talk talk.

People like you think they can get a datapack for free with the best things and just start it and get 1000 players online.
People want items for free all the time, maybe its time to learn by your self or pay for things and not just waiting to get it for free.

Back