• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Have question

Dorianek

Reaction score
hello, I would like to ask you something because I plan to put the server parameters:
- weight 173mb
-weight map 149mb

which possibly vps or dedicated server will download this map to me or how many people +/-

vps:
CPU: 4x2.4 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 160 GB

Dedicated server:
Intel i3 2x3.6 GHz

8 GB RAM

2x240 GB SSD

or

Intel Xeon 4x3.4 GHz

16 GB RAM

2x240 GB SSD

which in vps or ded will pull this map to me or how many people +/-

I am looking for something not expensive to start with to see what the cooperation will look like

PS

Only Linux (Debian8)

Last edited:
8gb ram could run the map for a few players without problem, I'd use it as a test server for invited testers for example.

I'd probably say the 16gb ram could support 200~ players with no big problem.

There are servers for 74 and 94 euros on OVH with 32 and 64 ram thoose won't have any problems running your map and 1k players online if your distro is good enough.

Normal RL map with 150MB map uses around 4GB ram. Few years ago my friend ran 2 servers with 90 MB maps, each with around 500 online on 8GB ram.

On 2.4GHz it should be possible to run ots for 300-500 players without any lag. On 3.6GHz you should easily run server for 600 players.
If you get 600 players.. you will get money for new super-dedic in 1 hour after start.

OTS uses 1 core of CPU, so it's important to get highest possible speed of one core. For 1000+ players online servers, I use 4x4.7GHz from OVH offer (around 100 euro per month).

Back