• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux [Help] About Linux Hosting! :*

Danny_

Evora Project Dev
Reaction score
Hello!

Name: Daniel (Danny)
OTProfession: Hoster &/With Basic Overall Knowledge
Information: I'm the new owner of the old RPG project; Molten Dawn.

I need to install a Linux with/without graphic interface, and make the server run with it. I know how to run a server with Windows OS, but not with Linux OS, and yes the server is compiled to Linux already. - The version I'm using is Ubuntu 32-bit atm

I hope that somebody could help me through MSN.

Please ADD: [email protected]

Last edited:
Yea but how does it work? That version has no grahpic interface. My server is already "finished" it isnt just a link to download it or so =P And how would I add it to the computers harddrive?

Last edited:
B r i n g
U p
M y
P o s t

P l e a s e !

Edit: It would help alot if someone explained how to just run the server ;p as it's not an exe file like in Windows.

Last edited:
omg i just gave you 1 link about 1 way to bring your server up? (and if its not an grafic one does that make any change if their is a problem try use Putty from a other computer and follow the tutrial whitout grafic)

The link you gave me is how to setup a server that is not edited in anyway, not how to set up my own already finished server & how would I set up the website with my own template after that? Instead of a simple standard template.

Edit: For the record, I tried to input all the commands and I followed the guide, still not succesful.

Last edited:
B r i n g
U p
M y
P o s t

P l e a s e ! I got stuck on this step -->

svn co http://forgottenserver.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/forgottenserver/forgottenserver/tags/0.2

I cannot use this line because I already own a finished OT, so I've downloaded my OT to the server but I cannot use svn co to the address of my server. Hmph. Help?

To download the server I used -->

wget <theaddressoftheserver>

I think the problem lays in that my uploaded version of the server is a.rar not a .tar.gz
And as I don't have a graphic interface with this version, I cannot double click to pop open the rar, so I need some command that will let me "cd" into it.

Last edited:
B r i n g
U p
M y
P o s t

P l e a s e ! I got stuck on this step -->

svn co http://forgottenserver.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/forgottenserver/forgottenserver/tags/0.2

I cannot use this line because I already own a finished OT, so I've downloaded my OT to the server but I cannot use svn co to the address of my server. Hmph. Help?

To download the server I used -->

wget <theaddressoftheserver>

I think the problem lays in that my uploaded version of the server is a.rar not a .tar.gz
And as I don't have a graphic interface with this version, I cannot double click to pop open the rar, so I need some command that will let me "cd" into it.
Code:
apt-get install unrar; unrar x file.rar

My friend told me to download a graphic interface so I did with a command, now its done but I mistaclly removed a Mysql user of phpmyadmin when I followed a guide. Is there anyway to restore that user?

So now i cannot logg into phpmyadmin, it says

#1045 Kan ej logga in på MySQL-server
= > #1045 Cannot logg into the MySQL-server

It also says:
Uppkoppling för controluser enligt din konfiguration misslyckades.
= > The connection of your controluser according to your configuration failed.

& I know that the pw and username is correct.

Back