• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua [Help] - Armor elemental fire absorb

JacobC

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Ive noticed that certains items such as firewalker boots or dragon amulet do make you absorb fire damage.

I looked into items and noticed that
<attribute key="absorbPercentFire" value="10"/>

Is what changes the amount.

HOWEVER!
When trying to give my demon armor or shield these stats it didn't quite work...

So my question is... What did I miss?

Thanks in advance!
Jacob.

Can u give me an example?
I just added them like this:
Code:
	<movevent type="Equip" itemid="2494" slot="feet" level="130" event="function" value="onEquipItem"/>
	<movevent type="DeEquip" itemid="2494" slot="feet" event="function" value="onDeEquipItem"/>

But it still wont absorb.

First of all, Firewalker boots itemid is 9932 and 9933, 9932 is what you see when you wear them and 9933 is what you see when they arent equipped.
Check if you have this lines in your movements.xml:
Code:
	<movevent type="Equip" itemid="9932" slot="feet" level="130" event="function" value="onEquipItem"/>
	<movevent type="DeEquip" itemid="9932" slot="feet" event="function" value="onDeEquipItem"/>
	<movevent type="Equip" itemid="9933" slot="feet" level="130" event="function" value="onEquipItem"/>
	<movevent type="DeEquip" itemid="9933" slot="feet" event="function" value="onDeEquipItem"/>

P.S
This is for TFS 0.4.5pl1, i dont know if its the same for others, but you can compare to yours movements.xml xD

Of course I have these lines...
and yes firewalker boot DO work!

The problem is that I can not make other armor to work!

Well, if u mean demon armor, then the problem is that its not added to movements.xml
Here, put these lines at the end of all armor movements in your movements.xml

Code:
	<movevent type="Equip" itemid="2494" slot="armor" event="function" value="onEquipItem">
	</movevent>
	<movevent type="DeEquip" itemid="2494" slot="armor" event="function" value="onDeEquipItem"/>

<!-- Legs -->
If u have like me, then u can find <!-- Legs --!> and put those lines infront of it :)

P.S
I saw that u probably copied the firewalker boots movement in your example, u must think of that armors has slot="armor", not "feet" :D then if u want to put lvl or vocation restriction, just look at other movements too see how :p

Last edited:
Can u give me an example?
I just added them like this:
Code:
	<movevent type="Equip" itemid="2494" [COLOR="Red"]slot="feet" [/COLOR]level="130" event="function" value="onEquipItem"/>
	<movevent type="DeEquip" itemid="2494" [COLOR="Red"]slot="feet" [/COLOR]event="function" value="onDeEquipItem"/>

But it still wont absorb.

yours works if you equip your demon shield to the feet slot but you cant equip it there. you need to use your hands so you need to change the slot type to shield, and armor for demon armor

Back
Top Bottom