• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help Compiling Nostalrius 7.7

Vapous

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

~noob alert~

I haven't made OT's in a long time, Ezzz recommended i used his server so i have downloaded it but i do not know how to compile, i have tried to follow the tutorial but i just cant manage it :( Is anyone able to compile it for me and send me the files?

Many thanks in advance

if you really wanna host an OT server you have to start learning about hosting it on Linux, so I recommned you create a Linux image on your system (virtualization) and learn how to compile it there (cause its very simple, also)
the better OS for that with almost every library for fast compilation is debian based, like Ubuntu, just find a LONG TERM SUPPORT (LTS) from 16 to the last version (20 I think), cause they are stable
windows is not for hosting anything, windows is a shit
all you have to do is follow one of these wikis otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/wiki) for installing libraries, dependencies and compile

if you really wanna host an OT server you have to start learning about hosting it on Linux, so I recommned you create a Linux image on your system (virtualization) and learn how to compile it there (cause its very simple, also)
the better OS for that with almost every library for fast compilation is debian based, like Ubuntu, just find a LONG TERM SUPPORT (LTS) from 16 to the last version (20 I think), cause they are stable
windows is not for hosting anything, windows is a shit
all you have to do is follow one of these wikis otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/wiki) for installing libraries, dependencies and compile
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate that, that all sounds super serious and time consuming. I know how to do most thing on windows apart from compile so just really need someone to do that part for me so I can have some fun playing around with the server and learn bits over time

Back