• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help despaired GM to find solution. Items in houses doesn't save. Help me asap!

richux

Tibera.org
Reaction score
I have problem with saving items in houses. After restarts items dissapeer from some houses(once there was a restart after all houses were empty). All players are angry and Im tired of this problem. Can someone please help me! I have no idea why is that happening.

Maybe this will help:

Im using The Forgotten Server, version 0.3 (Beta 2) Client:8.4
Evolution map. Im not sure, but I think the map is 8.3 because and when I tried to convert it to 8.4 my server couldn't load it.
Im not sure is this normal or not, but each time when I start the server I get this:

Code:
[21/02/2009 14:43:08] > Optimizing table: guild_invites
[21/02/2009 14:43:08] > Optimizing table: house_lists
[21/02/2009 14:43:08] > Optimizing table: player_items
[21/02/2009 14:43:08] > Optimizing table: tile_items
[21/02/2009 14:43:08] > Optimizing table: tiles

Other errors:

Code:
 [Warning - Weapons::registerEvent] Duplicate registered item with id: 7451
[21/02/2009 14:43:08] [Warning - Action::loadFunction] Function "highscoreBook" does not exist.

Also I got 3 error windows when I shut down the ot.

Thats all I think. Ill be VERY thankfull if you can help me!

Try repairing your database tables ( Repair MySQL - Repair Table phpMyAdmin - Repair MySQLTable ).
For the other errors, the first one means that you have two lines which has itemid="7451" in your weapons.xml, remove one of them. The other is in actions.xml, find the line which it says function="highscoreBook" and remove it (alt. comment it with <!-- --> wrapped around it).

If you post the other 3 errors I would gladly try to help you.

Actually it shvoes 3 same windwos error when I turn off the ot. They all look like this :

PS. Thank you. I already fixed highscores book and double id registred item problem. And now Im trying to fix database. Rep++ you!

Does that always happen or was it because something I told you to do? Anyways, I'd suggest you to do what the error says.

I believe it will, by giving them your reports.xml they may evaluate the reason for why it is crashing. Besides, you got nothing to loose on it. ; )

I believe it will, by giving them your reports.xml they may evaluate the reason for why it is crashing. Besides, you got nothing to loose on it. ; )

okkey. :)

Now if we return back were we started. I did as you adviced me. Repaired theese tables-guild_invites, house_lists, player_items, tile_items and tiles. After that I restarted my ot and than it didn't showe that hes optimizing theese tables that I repaired. Now he shoved me that hes optimizing other tables(player deaths and others I dont remember). Ok, I decided to repair all tables in my dabase. After repairing all tables I restarted ot and it shoved that "there is no tables to optimize". I thought-YAY!!! ITS FIXED!!! I restarted ot once again and...here we go again:

Code:
[21/02/2009 16:32:13] > Optimizing table: houses
[21/02/2009 16:32:13] > Optimizing table: players

I stored some coins in houses and they didn't dissaper after restart, but Im afraid that it still can happen. Cuz it happens kinda randomly. Not always houses loose items after restarts. AFter some restarts everything is fine, after some everythign is gone. Isn't that strange? Lol

Idk what to do...any advices?

Hehe, well atleast we have figured out what is causing the items to disapear. I would advice you to install a new database (the one which comes with that version of TFS that you have, DONT delete your old one, just install a new one aswell). Try with that one, and check if the issue remains. If it doesn't, you could just transfer all the first database values into the second one.

@up

:eek: How can I install new database and where do I get the database that came with my Tfs that im using? Also I gona ask u a nooby question-What is TFS? :p

TFS is an abbreviation for The Forgotten Server, when downloading it - there should be a file called mysql.schema, import that into your newly created database and you should have a new database running within few seconds.

K. I just imported a new database
Code:
Import has been successfully finished, 67 queries executed.

but how can I export values from old database to new one?

I made a char there, bought house, stored some items, restarted ot few times but server isn't optimizing tables anymore at start up. So I belive it's fine now.

Alright, so what you do now is that you export the old values from your old database, and import them into your new one. Send me a PM with your MSN (will remove it later, no offense) if you want me to help you with it.

Back