• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows [Help] Error 0xc000007b

Testerus

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I hope someone can help me with the launcher of my server.
It's a new, compiled TFS 1.0; whenever I launch it, I get the error 0xc000007b.

I tried 64-bit C++ redistributable package with opentibia-dllpack-2.0-64bit.7z.
I'm running on a Windows 8, 64-bit version.
I also tried 32-bit C++ redistributable package with opentibia-dllpack-2.0-32bit.7z.

None worked. Could someone just give me advices or help me with this problem please?
Thank you very much for any answer that can help.
@Flatlander

Just to confirm Eazy M's post: that error (nearly?) always means you're mixing 32-bit and 64-bit code.

For OT, the two most likely causes are the ones Eazy M mentions: the OT DLL's or the Microsoft C++ DLLs.

So from here, it's additional information for you:
Most programming languages, including Microsoft's, have executables that must to be available when programs written in that language run. In the MS case it's DLL's (for Linux/Unix/GNU it's different).

Microsoft hide them because they are jerks, but if you look into
C:\Windows\SysWOW64
for files named msvcrXXX.dll you'll see what you actually have. (XXX is a number like 100, 110, 120)
AFAIK the file names mean MicroSoft Visual C RunTime plus a version number.

If it's the runtime files that are your problem, you should have received a message complaining about one of them being missing, with the file name in it.

Next problem is finding the package with the DLL you need. There are kinda hidden too. You should look on the web for the installable runtime package for the version of C++ used to compile the .exe you're trying to run, because there are one or two other dll's you might need.
If you use an MS compiler (i.e. Visual Studio) it will install the correct DLLs for you along with Visual Studio. Otherwise you'll need to waste 10 to 30 minutes finding and installing the right DLL package. I couldn't find them in Microsoft's web site, but I found them via Google, starting with the name of the missing DLL, then downloaded from Microsoft and installed. I remember it was a PITA, and that the problem was just MS laziness not managing these different versions of these essential files correctly (or maybe screwing up on purpose to "persuade" people to buy Visual Studio :).

I installed Microsoft Visual Studio Professional.
I also tried to run it with OpenTibia DLL Pack (v2.0) after installing Microsoft Visual Studio Professional.
Same thing with (v1.5). Didn't work on anything.

Anyone another solution?

-EDIT-

Could you help me live, @Pteryx ?

I don't have Skype, but you can start a conversation - I'll be available for about 30 minutes.

Fair warning though: I'm good with computers, but don't have a lot of experience with OT, so I may not be able to help much :)

This one:
http://scr.hu/0u52/fwgfg
says you're running 64-bit TFS and Lua. You can see that from the column with x64 in it.

The various libraries that have x86 in red are 32-bit support libraries.
theforgottenserver.exe will blow up as soon as you call one.

BTW - the easy way to use that tool is to right-click on the interesting module (theforgottenserver.exe in this case) and select "Highlight Matching Module in List". Follow top level of the tree structure (the top left panel), find them via the same highlighting option, and see if you find some red.
For me (running 32-bit TFS and 32-bit support libraries) the top-level libraries are:
  • LUA51.DLL
  • LIBMYSQL.DLL
  • MSVCP120.DLL
  • WS2_32.DLL
  • MSWSOCK.DLL
  • MSVCR120.DLL
  • KERNEL32.DLL
You can see some of these in your screen cap:
http://scr.hu/0u52/64e8n
but unlike me you're not happy seeing them as X86 (32-bit) modules :)

You have two choices:
  • Install the 32-bit version of TFS
  • Install the 64-bit versions of the support libraries, including non-OT stuff like msvcr120.DLL.
If you're just experimenting, the 32-bit version is the fastest/easiest approach.

If you're setting up a production server there are probably benefits from running the 64-bit version, but it will be more work because while it's easy to D/L the 32-bit OT code and support DLLs from OTLand, you'll have to find some non-OT 64-bit libraries to support your current 64-bit TFS.

Last edited:
Alright, so could someone guide me how to simply make it 32-bit please? :rolleyes:
If possible TeamViewer or Skype so I can learn how you do.

Thank you!

I already solved it, I just uninstalled all visual c ++ redistibutables and reinstalled them with a program called VC_RedistInstaller, it really worked, thanks anyway.

Back