• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help ERROR: Couldn't estabilish connection to SQL database!

sec

upload_2014-9-14_13-55-47.png

just that i dont know what to do though :(

my friend sent it to me i think he was using mysql im using sqlite database

sqlType = "sqlite"
sqlHost = "localhost"
sqlPort = 3306
sqlUser = "root"
sqlPass = ""
sqlDatabase = ""
sqlFile = "theforgottenserver.s3db"
sqlKeepAlive = 0
mysqlReadTimeout = 10
mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
encryptionType = "sha1

i use tfs 0.3.6

Last edited by a moderator:
sqlType = "sqlite"
sqlHost = "localhost"
sqlPort = 3306
sqlUser = "root"
sqlPass = ""
sqlDatabase = ""
sqlFile = "theforgottenserver.s3db"
sqlKeepAlive = 0
mysqlReadTimeout = 10
mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
encryptionType = "sha1
change sqlhost from localhost to 127.0.0.1

The config settings do not match with what the server shows on startup, did you edit the right config.lua and did you save it before you restarted the server?
Also make sure all servers are closed before you restart the server.

same :/

i tried somthing else before i posted it wich was the 127.0.0.1 i tried before so idk about anything else

upload_2014-9-14_14-12-22.png

bump

Attachments

• upload_2014-9-14_14-12-14.png
    upload_2014-9-14_14-12-14.png
    283.2 KB · Views: 2 · VirusTotal
Stop double post, I already merged 10 posts from you in this thread.

About your problem, make sure the config.lua you edit is the config.lua the server is using, because the settings in the config.lua you posted are not the same as what the server shows.

Close all servers, open the config.lua that is in the same folder as your .exe file, edit that, save it and restart the server.

If you use sqlite, that doesn't matter at all. The problem is that your server is not showing the same settings as you show from the config.lua you posted.
So you are editing the wrong config.lua, you forgot to save it or you didn't close all servers before you restarted the server.

If you want to use MySQL, you can follow this tutorial
http://otland.net/threads/video-tut...ing-ot-server-website-and-shop-system.166818/

If you use SQLite you don't have to setup anything, just sqlType = "sqlite" is enough, and the s3db file, if you use MySQL you have to set it up with user name, password and all like you can see in that tutorial.

If you want to use MySQL, follow the tutorial I posted, if you want to use SQLite, set sqlType to sqlite.
If you already did that, this means you edited the wrong config.lua or you didn't save it or you didn't close all servers before you restarted the server.

I did what u said i saved it and everything i turns out there was 2 configs there but my friend said he did somthing wrong and sent 2 the 1st was was wrong but then i did same to 2nd one and it still didnt work!

hi guys i just changed my datapack its working now but there is no account manager

wait it went off and said there is no map description availible

Back