• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[HELP] (GM) A bug, very seriously bug...

Ankramutt

Reaction score
Man...
Resuming...
I bought all 5 blesses and then I die and lose all my loot and armor.
Please do somethnig about it, it's not cool at all...
My char: Ankramutt

if you loose all loot and armor, then you should read Red_Skull

"A red-skulled player who dies will drop all items, regardless of whether they have blessings or wear an Amulet of Loss!"

and white nor non skulled players never loose all armor, only their backpack and its a ?? percent chance to lose one of your equipments

We would do something about it if someone could explain how to reproduce it. We have tried countless times and blessings work just fine. Perhaps you thought you bought all five blessings but only bought four or you couldn't afford the blessings? Maybe you died with the blessings and forgot to buy them again? I have no idea what exactly happened in your case, but as I am unable to reproduce the bug (bought all blessings, died, didn't lose any items, -repeated this lots of times) I can not really help you. If we ever find out that there's a real bug with it, we'll contact you to compensate your loss, but until then there is nothing we can do to help you.

We would do something about it if someone could explain how to reproduce it. We have tried countless times and blessings work just fine. Perhaps you thought you bought all five blessings but only bought four or you couldn't afford the blessings? Maybe you died with the blessings and forgot to buy them again? I have no idea what exactly happened in your case, but as I am unable to reproduce the bug (bought all blessings, died, didn't lose any items, -repeated this lots of times) I can not really help you. If we ever find out that there's a real bug with it, we'll contact you to compensate your loss, but until then there is nothing we can do to help you.

its something very rare... my friend happend its twice... first time he wasnt sure if he had bless or not... second time he was sure... and i got his loot so i know it...
never happend to me though

I also have the same problem, like my friend Umbaras too. Blade Assassin Talon. please GM do something about that i lost 3kk+!

I also have the same problem, like my friend Umbaras too. Blade Assassin Talon. please GM do something about that i lost 3kk+!

Omfg me too,me too,me too!
List full donate set, 20kk , 10 pair soft! Man plaxor give fri itams!

Omfg, cry me a river guys... Never happened to 99% of the server and you guys lost stuff? Next time say yes to buy bless and take some money! Scammers! Your accounts should be deleted :D

Omfg me too,me too,me too!
List full donate set, 20kk , 10 pair soft! Man plaxor give fri itams!

Omfg, cry me a river guys... Never happened to 99% of the server and you guys lost stuff? Next time say yes to buy bless and take some money! Scammers! Your accounts should be deleted :D

Trying to be funny? Just stfu
They losed theirs bp's on dead with full bless.
Blade Lost hes main bp with 2 x soft boot's and almost all cash. GM can probably check this in base.
Your brain SHOULD be deleted.

I dont care about the items/cash... only traying to say repire this problem... If this is not your problem is not write.. just be quiet idiot.

I Lost Backpack with soft boots and my ceremonial ankh and Yala Mask -.- with full bless!!! Hani and do not tell us that this is not a game error

Man...
Resuming...
I bought all 5 blesses and then I die and lose all my loot and armor.
Please do somethnig about it, it's not cool at all...
My char: Ankramutt

Just run back again with full blessig and take the loot, Its not that you go and Hunt something you cant kill. And stop crynig and Dont Scam The shit out of ShadowCore.

Trying to be funny? Just stfu
They losed theirs bp's on dead with full bless.
Blade Lost hes main bp with 2 x soft boot's and almost all cash. GM can probably check this in base.
Your brain SHOULD be deleted.

You sound agry hehe... Relaxed dude, its a freaking game!

If you know this bug is there and gm didn't fix it yet.. buy a freaking aol to be sure untill the bug (i don't think it exists) is fixed...
Next time use the "report bugs" thread...

I've had a second look at this and I'm still unable to reproduce any bug with blessings. Which NPC did you buy the blessings from? It could be a bug with that NPC, but what I think is more likely to have happened is that you wrote "all" in local chat instead of the NPC channel. NPC's only respond to greeting messages from local chat.

I remember when this happened in ambera. ppl "bought" blessings but never had any proof that they died with blessing and lost items.

Well, I'm not claiming that people are lying and that there is no bug in the code, but unless I can actually have the bug fixed I would just end up giving people stuff back forever and I can't even know if people are lying. If there's a bug, it's important that we fix it rather than spending time giving people items that they claim to have lost in a death where they supposedly had blessings.

If people who are affected by this possible bug can tell me which NPC they bought blessings from I can check if there's anything wrong with that NPC, but right now it seems more likely people were hasty when buying blessings and typed "hi", "all" in Local Chat, and then "yes" in NPC chat. This does not give you blessings as the NPC doesn't care what you write in Local Chat other than the greeting message. To confirm that you have blessings next time you buy them, try to buy them twice and check that the NPC says you already possess all blessings or write "blessings" to the NPC and it will tell you if you have all blessings.

EDIT: Is it also possible that the players affected by this possible bug believe they get the twist of fate blessing when buying all blessings, so they don't buy blessings if they die in PVP and think that they still have all blessings?

Well, I'm not claiming that people are lying and that there is no bug in the code, but unless I can actually have the bug fixed I would just end up giving people stuff back forever and I can't even know if people are lying. If there's a bug, it's important that we fix it rather than spending time giving people items that they claim to have lost in a death where they supposedly had blessings.

If people who are affected by this possible bug can tell me which NPC they bought blessings from I can check if there's anything wrong with that NPC, but right now it seems more likely people were hasty when buying blessings and typed "hi", "all" in Local Chat, and then "yes" in NPC chat. This does not give you blessings as the NPC doesn't care what you write in Local Chat other than the greeting message. To confirm that you have blessings next time you buy them, try to buy them twice and check that the NPC says you already possess all blessings or write "blessings" to the NPC and it will tell you if you have all blessings.

EDIT: Is it also possible that the players affected by this possible bug believe they get the twist of fate blessing when buying all blessings, so they don't buy blessings if they die in PVP and think that they still have all blessings?
I remember one popular rl map ot had a script which said in default chat every X minutes if you have blessing or aol and you could disable it with a command. maybe add it here also?

that is something some ppl think i bet that they still got all blessings because of twist of fate which isnt added in this ot

I died on my mage to a Hellfire Fighter and I am 99% sure that I bought new blessings because if I can't afford blessings then I usually don't leave temple unless my eq suck or I have an aol in my bp.

Next day I heard of this bug so I used a ceremonial ankh and I didn't have any blessings (thats why I'm just 99% sure, I became dubious)

I bought like this: hi - all - yes
in NPCs (I don't do that mistake to avoid this issue) - and it was at the temple npc in Edron

Edit:

Though, when I've had blessings I have never dropped anything.. But I didnt have it on my mage there

Back