• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help im getting pinged! :/

erik222

Reaction score
Hello,

As Title says im getting pinged :S
i know who it is doing and his ip.

Someone know how i can prevent those pings?

Would be great if you know what to do :thumbup:

This is really annoing :(

Erik222,

Uhm? What's that? Can't understand the language.
And if that was some sort of server crash error, then you're not gettin' pinged.
If you get pinged your internet will lagg/crash.
The server wont crash. :)

ivbe3b.jpg

Help me pls..

I would try blocking ICMP-traffic, worked for me.

works against flood attacks (dos), but not ddos. even though, im pretty sure this guy is having trouble with flood dos, not ddos since ddos is illegal and shit. i had dosers too, blocked icmp and then it was np. but if u have a router, ur screwed since it will go down anyway

install nod32 and uppgrad it lol!

lol pls?

wow you guys complicate the things so much.... On linux it is easy as hell, there are TONS of rules anti-DoS/DDoS on the internet for iptables.... but for windows the max you can do is download peerguardian2 (Or any other good firewall) & block them and get the ip of the DDoSer and call their ISPS since it IS ILLEGAL to DDoS/DoS....

Last edited:
lol pls?

wow you guys complicate the things so much.... thats easy on linux is just easy as hell, there are TONS of rules anti-DoS/DDoS on the internet for iptables.... but for windows the max you can do is download peerguardian2 and get the ip of the DDoSer and call their ISPS since it IS ILLEGAL to DDoS/DoS....
u are the noob lol and second of all i have used nod for like 2 years none has dosed or pinged me i have hosted like 6 ots...

Well good work guys :D
ty :thumbup:

u are the noob lol and second of all i have used nod for like 2 years none has dosed or pinged me i have hosted like 6 ots...

leme guess max 13 players online? xD and with the post you actually posted shows your lack of professionalism and dedication with otservers which makes you look like any random noob who start an ot and in 1 week close it because nobody logged in.... anyway good luck, hope you get your 20 persons on your server number 37 soon xD

ALSO best servers are hosted on *nix fuck winblo bye...

lol pls?

wow you guys complicate the things so much.... On linux it is easy as hell, there are TONS of rules anti-DoS/DDoS on the internet for iptables.... but for windows the max you can do is download peerguardian2 (Or any other good firewall) & block them and get the ip of the DDoSer and call their ISPS since it IS ILLEGAL to DDoS/DoS....

Why would you report their ISP's? They are bots in a botnet, the only crime they committed was to open an infected file.

You can't block the DDoser, they use like 40 different ips, my suggestion is, buy a dedicated server. They have a very good protection against that.

Why would you report their ISP's? They are bots in a botnet, the only crime they committed was to open an infected file.

blame the one who made the laws....

Also you can ask Hiperkarma what happened to him when he tried to DDoS otland ;)

Last edited:
You can't block the DDoser, they use like 40 different ips, my suggestion is, buy a dedicated server. They have a very good protection against that.

You can block the DDoSer, but in windows its just a boring and fucked up process cause you have to do it manually.
It's really simple to get some DDoS protection in linux.

blame the one who made the laws....

Also you can ask Hiperkarma what happened to him when he tried to DoS otland ;)

ROLF, you r retarded but that guy is probably even more, I thoud everyone knew DoS only worked on very very(VERY...) shitty boxes, not the kind of box that would host stuff.

ROLF, you r retarded but that guy is probably even more, I thoud everyone knew DoS only worked on very very(VERY...) shitty boxes, not the kind of box that would host stuff.

You are the retard that is insulting every1 when you don't know a shit, anyway i wont argue with a retard who doesn't even know that "DDOS/DOS" are illegal, call me when learn more and be mature enought to have peacefull conversation ,, k

You can block the DDoSer, but in windows its just a boring and fucked up process cause you have to do it manually.
It's really simple to get some DDoS protection in linux.
nope? your connection will still recive the package it will only nullroute them.... if you don't have a good internet connection to handle them you will have the same effect ;[

EDIT: I been DDoSED many times and have friends which are DDoSed EVERYYYY DAY by random noobs...

Last edited:
well, there's a way to get this fucking noobs away from your server. Download the Program PeerGuardian2 and range-ban this guys, after you banned those "ddos'er" then won't be able to see to your homepage or connect to your server, NOT EVEN WITH A NEW IP! because they got every time the first 5 numbers

example (crasher IP):

Start IP:
End IP:

This will help you for sure!

But there's no way to safe you from other ddos attacks, I got the same problem there comes more and more ddos attacks from other guys, but if you got their IP then you can ban their IP's, too!

If anyone know a way to SAFE YOU ALL THE TIME from DDoS Attacks then please post it here, Range Bans are only for one person but there are more then 1 in the world.

Regards,
Deaktiver

Then no one from his country can connect to his server or view webpage. :/

You are the retard that is insulting every1 when you don't know a shit, anyway i wont argue with a retard who doesn't even know that "DDOS/DOS" are illegal, call me when learn more and be mature enought to have peacefull conversation ,, k

nope? your connection will still recive the package it will only nullroute them.... if you don't have a good internet connection to handle them you will have the same effect ;[

EDIT: I been DDoSED many times and have friends which are DDoSed EVERYYYY DAY by random noobs...

Your the one who doesnt know shit here boy.

You CANNOT block the DDoSer because you wont even have his IP.

I'm gonna try to make you understand, this is how a botnet works:

2dq52q.jpg

The hacker compiles a code(usually coded in C++) that when executed adds a backdoor to your system, to an IRC server most of the times.
Then hacker will spread until he reaches a certain amount of bots that can be used to DDoS(You cant down something with 5 bots) and he will then attack the target.

If you still couldnt understand, you wont ever get the botmaster details, you will get the IP's of the persons that executed the bot in their machines, people that have no intention of harming you.

I hope this paragraphs made you learn something about DDoS attacks, research before you say shit.

Back