• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help Me Im Desperate!!

SupremuS

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i am having troubles when estabilishing a site for my OT. It apears the following
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\xampp\htdocs\config.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\xampp\htdocs\config.php on line 10

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\xampp\htdocs\config.php on line 10
Unable to select database

I followed step by step This Tut.
made by "olavo".

in my config.php i have in lines 7 to 11 the following:
//-------------------Avarians Fogotten AAC v1.0---------------------
//------------------------------------------------------------------

//--------------------Database settings--------------------------
//--------------------------Connect DB---------------------------
function connect_db(){
mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'PUT YOUR PASSWORD HERE');
mysql_select_db(otserv) or die( "Unable to select database");

Please forgive my ignorance but help me please... i need to know exactly what to put in those fields :( .

By the way, another thing. I never worked with a sql server before and i had lots of difficulties to mount a server... i had to import some craps to phpMyAdmin. All this **** is new to me, bur i managed to import the file. The tut says
Now import it to your database. In phpMyAdmin on the left side menu choose the otserv database and then click in the small SQL button above it, Click Import Files and then browse for the forgottenserver.sql(in case you use the forgotten server) or database.sql or whatever file with sql extend, next click ok.

You now have some examples of players, accounts, groups, and some other things working on your database, try browsing the database to see how clear the information is, you are going to realise how easy MySQL is.

Guys, this database is ALL less clear and easy for me... there are just
Table Action RecordsTip Type Collation Size Overhead
accounts Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM latin1_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
groups Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 3 MyISAM latin1_general_ci 2.1 KiB -
guestbook Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM latin1_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
news Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM latin1_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
4 table(s) Sum 3 MyISAM latin1_general_ci 5.1 KiB
. I don't understand a **** of this. I can't edit anything...

Please guys, help me the best you can, because i'm really a noob in sql... im asking ur help in last effort because i read dozens of Tut's and no1 was able to explain the solution of the probs im having now.

Concluding: i need help for editing the databases
i need help to configure "config.php" because i can't do any action that needs server (creating accounts, register...).

Thank you very much :p

Kindest Regards
Supremus

THe password and username that should connect to your sql database are wrong..

Put your correct username & password in config.lua

should be somting like.
Code:
function connect_db(){
mysql_connect('localhost', 'USERNAME', 'PASSWORD');
mysql_select_db(otserv) or die( "Unable to select database");

Back