• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help me understand skill experience

Nostalgian

Reaction score
I'm trying to perfect my crafting system.

It is written entirely in lua (including the custom exp table).

For simplicity's sake, take this example:

Player has woodcutting level 1. Player chops tree, gains 10 experience, and advances to woodcutting level 2.

Ok, so I am trying to make a visual representation in the gui of otclient of these crafting skills. I have miserably failed at trying to use opcodes.

Therefore, I have implemented these skills into my sources/client, mimicking all the other skills like sword fighting.

Here is my question.

How do I determine how many tries it takes to advance to each level?

Take the woodcutting example. Each "experience point" you get from chopping down a tree is actually just "skilltries" under the hood. But, is there a table or something somewhere that I am missing that determines how many tries it takes to reach each level?

I have searched and searched but I'm just not seeing it, and it seems to be dang near impossible to balance a skill without fully controlling when a level advance takes place.

Having said that, how would one go about using my custom exp table in the sources?

Gahhhhhh. I'm confused. Help me. Please.

Hello Nostalgian,

your question is better left unanswered, you'll have to either way send the information from the server to the client from how many tries the player has already hit (just like every other skill ability), to save such a thing locally makes just no sense at all.

Get OpCodes running, try around with them and you'll figure it out. You can naturally seek further for help if you think it's necessary.

Best Wishes,
Okke

Back