• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help me with RAM, I reward you!

luddeax

Reaction score
Hey today I bought 2gb or ram on 1 stick, clock speed 667. And i already had 1 stick of 1gb ram 800 clock, i plugged the new one in (computer unplugged ofcourse) and not the computer says it only have 2 gb of ram, Is this a limit? Or is it because of the clockspeed? Because it should be 3gb or ram, else i could buy a 1gb stick for half of the price.. Could anyone help me!?

do you think that? Its only like 1-2 years old and support 800 clockspeed, shouldnt it take more than 2gb of ram? How can i see the MB ram limit?

It's because you are using a 32 bits operative system if i'm not wrong, I'm not really sure but you can enable something in the OS to handle up to 3 gb ram i guess (Not rly sure because when i had this problem i just formated my pc with debian-64 bits).....

32bit support 3.2 - 3.4GB RAM. Except the web edition.

Make sure to place both ram bricks in the same colour socket in the motherboard.

Don't think the bus speed matters.

But if your new RAM brick is DDR3 and your old is DDR2 they won't work together.

With other words, their DDR version has to be the same. Don't mix two DDR versions.

both are ddr2 but one stick got 2 gb and one with 1gb. still only 2gb in use. i tried to unplug the 2 gm stick then i only hAd 1gb. cant understand why..

maybe is the processor talk me about the processor if you processor is a good one then maybe you will see the difference

Remember the processor is the brain of the pc its the one who send the and receive with a speed
Because think about it
if you want to hit somebody with your hands
First you use your brain if you think too much about it, its because your brain is slow so your hand wont move till your brain decide,your hand is not going to move without your brain signal

my Point is: none of your body's parts can't move faster than your brain
Same as your pc the 3gb is too fast for the pc Brain/Processor so the processor just take some mbs or gbs out to make it a lil slower than the processor that you have. Also, u cant overlock the processor too, but its feel good when you buy a strong one there is nothing can lag you
Dont buy memory till you get a new brain/Processor

Thats why people buy ram and pc still slow
if the brain is slow how you think the other parts are going to be?
-slow-

<sorry bad English>
i hope you understand if you don't think about the example i gave you of the human body

Last edited:
Here is what I know... and think!

Ok, a 32bit Windows Operating System will support up to 4GB of ram. If you are running a Server edition instead of a regular windows (95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, or 7) it will support a massive amount of ram (not sure how much). Your memory matches, correct? If so then did you bother to check how many pins you ram has? A good example is my server, it will support up to 1GB of SDRAM pc 133 or 100 as long as it has 168 pins and meets the size dimension of 32x64 or 64x64. You should check to see if you got the right ram by looking at the number of pins, thats one way of checking. Also, your board may have a limit of 3GB. That all depends on whom you bought your PC or Notebook from, If you need specs on your board you should unplug your PC, pop off the cover, and look for a manufacturer logo silk screened onto the board. Somewhere around there it will have a bunch of letters and numbers that identify the part (the part number =p). Once you have a positive ID on the manufacturer you can go to their website and look up the board and figure out what type of memory it supports (I find the manual to be useless when it comes to this). You should also take the age of your PC into effect. A good example of this is my server (yet again). It has a max limit of 1GB SDRAM pc133 168pin memory, giving me 2 upgrade slots. Sense the board is Manufactured by Gigabyte it has a G silk screened onto the board and has a part number like this GB-72334M. If that were to be the real number, it would display the board on the search page unless it is retired (my board is retired), then you have to manually search their archives. My hint was the information I found on the net while trying to find the manufacturer, like the fact that it only uses A Socket Processors, enabling it to be upgraded to a 2.2Ghz Sempron Processor made by AMD.

That's all I can say for now, I have to get to bed or I will oversleep. nothing is funner than chasing the school bus on a highway! o_O;

Back