• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help - OVH Hosting

Craetivez

Reaction score
Hi guys,
as I often read about OVH Hosting on otlands I thought I'll give it a try.
When I rented a server there I assumed it said that all ports are opened by default but now I have problems connecting to my server. 😕
I simply got my OTS on their VPS server, set up database, configured ots config and started it, it works well but I can't connect from outside, by default the firewall was deactivated, then I actived it and set up rules to allow 7171 and 7172, still isnt working.
So therefore I thought it would be worth to try asking here for help setting my OTS up. :D

I already send a message to their support, but they take their time I guess. :rolleyes:

Greets!

You do not need to set up firewall rules at all. Please double check the "ip" you have in config.lua.

i want a host from ovh.ie and i don't know how to buy it which one i should choose?

You should have made your own thread for something like that.

You do not need to set up firewall rules at all. Please double check the "ip" you have in config.lua.
Not true. Some linux distros come locked down hard, like CentOS. In which case, yes, you must explicitly open ports, or the bloodsword of the angel IPTables will slay your packets. Could easily be a miscommunication about the state or default configuration of his machine was in somewhere along the way.

still isnt working.

You're probably long gone, but next time explicitly check the network state.
sudo iptables -L

Then try the no bullshit way of testing open ports, netcat on both sides. The simplest program, no layers or unrelated noise. Just immediate feedback.

Back