• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help to OTS start

heros1994

Reaction score
Hello.
I would like to put ots on Windows for learning. I have some questions and problems for you and I am completely green and I learn everything from forum / google.
Engine: OTHire-master
Map: I converted Yurots from 7.6 to 7.72 under othire
Database: Uniform Server Zero XIV (mysql)
Page: Znote AAC-master
PC Windows 7 / Server VPS Windows 2012 R2

1. I have internal IP and unfortunately I can't unblock the ports on the main router (older rotuer and it doesn't connect to the configuration window, I don't want to reset it because it is the main one and 3 other routers are connected to it and only to computers, laptops). Will I get through this obstacle if I have VPS with ovh?
2. After firing ots on a laptop, I can log in only through localhost, the site also works only under localhost. Inserting ots on VPS everything kind of turns on but the website (character creation, whoisonline etc.) works but only on VPS (like typing ip vps and the page opens under ip as in config but from a device in another network already this pages can't see). Of course, on ots through tibia clients I can't log in from another Laptop in another network. I changed ip, I used no-ip but nothing helped.
3. I can't connect to VPS through programs (putty, winscp, filezilla) all the time connecting and nothing. Is it through unblocked ports? I am currently connecting via the remote desktop.
4. I've probably set up a good firewall on PC and VPS using google and forum.

I think it can't be easier to explain and I would also like someone to explain it to me in a simple way; P
First I would like to learn how to bet ots so that everyone can create an account and log in to the game. Later editing the map, creating exps, etc.
I am asking for your understanding, I am grounded for 2-3 months at home, most of the time I have to sit / lie down and I always wanted to learn it a little bit; p
Regards

install vps server on ubuntu 18.04. connect using putty you should immediately without any hassles. I have vps from ovh myself and everything works fine

so i have to install ubuntu on vps, right? do i need to install on pc too? to install it normally on Windows as a "Program"?
thank you for the information

Back