• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Help w/ Getting a Server Online

HeBoy

Reaction score
First of all, sorry if my english sucks.

So, I downloaded a 8.6 server that I wanted to put online just to test a few mapping things. And it worked fine, I used my IP from CMD (that is different from the one on http://www.whatismyip.com/ because I'm using wi-fi) and connected just fine. The thing is, other people can't connect. I tried to connect using my IP from the site, changing at the config.lua and then not even I managed to get in.

We got to the character list loading screen forever, until "Connection Failed" appears. I don't have any of the doors open, but my firewall is off, so I guess it doesn't matter, does it? Also, I don't have any antivirus or something like that, they told it might be this.

Any solutions?

Tell us what version of TFS you are using.

Also, make sure you forwarded ports 7171 and 7172 and that in config.lua you have set your external IP as the server IP.

Open port 7171 and 7172 as dominique posted, then use your IPv4 address in your ipchanger if you connect from the computer that hosts the server, from other computers your global ip.

But which one should I put on the config.lua? The global, right?

And I'm not using TFS. I Think. I'm using a random brazilian server called Styller. IDK if has something related to TFS.

It says "Styller Yourots Original, version 1.1.2"

Alright, now I can connect just fine, but other people still can't.

Did you open port 7171 and 7172 (I assume the default ports are the same as in TFS)?
You can also look in config.lua which ports your server is using.

Yes. I'm using windows 8 and I did it just like I used to do on windows 7. Also, checked on config, it's 7171 and 7172 indeed. IDK if has something to do with the fact I'm using wireless internet. Someone said that I might need to open my router ports and I have no idea how, or if I realy need to...

Yes, you need to open port 7171 and 7172 in your router. If you type your router name and version with the word portforwarding in youtube or google, you will find tutorials how to open ports in your router (this is different on every router).

Back