• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help weird issue with google cloud and tibia 12

Diarreamental

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello

guys i got a server tibia 12 running and working on my windows pc (localhost). with no problems

but also, i got a google cloud vm and server works , website load, client load, charlist too . but i can't access to the game. im using clean znote 1.5 and clean server.. i just get stuck at "connecting to the gameworld.please wait"

could you englighten me pls?

Last edited:
Hello

guys i got a server tibia 12 running and working on my windows pc (localhost). with no problems

but also, i got a google cloud vm and server works , website load, client load, charlist too . but i can't access to the game. im using clean znote 1.5 and clean server.. i just get stuck at "connecting to the gameworld.please wait"

could you englighten me pls?
Free google cloud doesn’t reach the port 7172

Here works fine, just open the port ;D
How you did i pl? Everything is working website login port ( I see the char list) but can't access to the game
Post automatically merged:

i tried with this
sudo ufw allow 7172:7272/tcp still not working... ideas?

Last edited:
up
Post automatically merged:

i connected with client 10 but i can't connect with 12 ( at my locahost with win10 it's possibe)
here(global ip ubuntu 18 google cloud vm im having problem to sue that client maybe permissons? some file? pls help

Attachments

• logged tibia 10.png
    logged tibia 10.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 20 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
For connect in tibia 12 you need conect with the same otserv name in the config.lua and the config.php.

you cannot use ip for connect with a tibia12 client, you need an http direction.

if you want log in localhost you need use http://127.0.0.1/login.php and you need the login.php update for tibia 12 conections.

good luck.

Znoteacc 1.5 clean + tibia 12 on ubuntu 18 issue
https://otland.net/threads/znoteacc-1-5-clean-tibia-12-on-ubuntu-18-issue.271172/markSolved
Hello
I'm using google cloud vm free trial.
I' have an issue conneting to the game using tibia 12 client. The website connects, the client 10 works but the client 12 isn't. .
the client shows the char list with my player outfit and everthing but after that when i click on my character to log in to the gameit just get stuck on the message" connecting to the gameworld please wait" with no errors in console.

checked both files config lua and php carefully the ips and the server name are equal. on my home p with win 10 it was working smoothly, no flaws.. it might be i did something wrong ?
i followed the tutoria listed below

if anyone has had the same issue as i and know how to fix it. please let me know how to...

Interesting, I havent heard of this Google Cloud Free Tier before. How did you set it up? I might try it out myself and see if I can get it working.
Since you say you have checked the configuration properly that the IP/gameserver name is correct, I presume you have seen this post?

The IP (in both config.php and config.lua) needs to be the public IP. 127.0.0.1 only works for local hosting. And gameserver name has to be identical to serverName. This is crucial to get from character list to in-game. If the error is before this(login to character list), then the issue might be that Apache is sending a PHP warning or something to the client and breaks the intended json response to the client.

For connect in tibia 12 you need conect with the same otserv name in the config.lua and the config.php.

you cannot use ip for connect with a tibia12 client, you need an http direction.

if you want log in localhost you need use http://127.0.0.1/login.php and you need the login.php update for tibia 12 conections.

good luck.
i have all those thing enabled as i said, im running the server on win 10 man on localhost
im using the same name and ip on config php a
Interesting, I havent heard of this Google Cloud Free Tier before. How did you set it up? I might try it out myself and see if I can get it working.
Since you say you have checked the configuration properly that the IP/gameserver name is correct, I presume you have seen this post?

The IP (in both config.php and config.lua) needs to be the public IP. 127.0.0.1 only works for local hosting. And gameserver name has to be identical to serverName. This is crucial to get from character list to in-game. If the error is before this(login to character list), then the issue might be that Apache is sending a PHP warning or something to the client and breaks the intended json response to the client.
Yes I have setup everything properly , in my localhost it works ... Someone says that the port are blocked by default but that's not true... Because web works charlist porta does too.. I gave chmod permission to the login pho but dunno what could be not working

The Google Cloud Free Tier VM (f1-micro) isn't strong enough for OtservBR, but got it working with otx4. The google cloud platform is very convenient, I might make a setup tutorial there. Their trial option is pretty awesome, as you basically get 300 usd to spend the first 12 months. Its basically free hosting, and if you want to spend the free credits I bet you can get OtservBR running decently for free for about 6 months before your trial credits expire. Very interesting.

I just did some updates so it should work fine now. Added type handlers and removed some errors which might break the loginWebService handler on the client. Tested with nginx, ubuntu 20.04, php 7.4, client 12 from otservbr, otx4 server. My VM is absolutely free, doesn't even cost any of the 300$ free trial credits that I got.

To setup nginx web server, php and mysql I recommend these guides:

google_cloud_platform.PNG

Last edited:
The Google Cloud Free Tier VM (f1-micro) isn't strong enough for OtservBR, but got it working with otx4. The google cloud platform is very convenient, I might make a setup tutorial there. Their trial option is pretty awesome, as you basically get 300 usd to spend the first 12 months. Its basically free hosting, and if you want to spend the free credits I bet you can get OtservBR running decently for free for about 6 months before your trial credits expire. Very interesting.

I just did some updates so it should work fine now. Added type handlers and removed some errors which might break the loginWebService handler on the client. Tested with nginx, ubuntu 20.04, php 7.4, client 12 from otservbr, otx4 server. My VM is absolutely free, doesn't even cost any of the 300$ free trial credits that I got.

To setup nginx web server, php and mysql I recommend these guides:

View attachment 46532
as always you helping and figuring out the why of the issue.. thanks @Znote
im gonna test

And for those OLD ZNOTE USERS LIKE ME DO NOT FORGET TO ADD

$config['login_web_service'] = true; // loginWebService for client 11+ enabled?
on top of the
$config['gameserver'] = array(
'ip' => '127.0.0.1',
'port' => 7172,
'name' => 'Servername' // Must be identical to config.lua (OT config file) server name.
);

The old Config.PHP Doesnt have it... if you dont have it like this..
cvcvxcv.PNG

YOU WILL GET THIS MESSAGE.
yjyj.PNG

i Struggled so much just because of this. Im Using Tibia 12.51 and it works

Back