• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

help with a script edit

Argosax

Reaction score
help with an script edit
hey i have Molinero's hookshot script and was wonderin if there would be any way to edit it so that it was a creatures spell script? and it instead of hooking onto items with action id 11111, hooked onto players and braught the players to it? so that they couldnt escape?, also the other idea was to maybe set it to hook all players withing 6 squares of it and bring them to the creature that used it?.... probly impossible lol. im propper noob at this been hosting, learning to script for about a week lol. well anyway if any1 can help with this heres Molinero's original script

PHP:
-- >> Stuff --
local reqActnId = 11111 -- Action id the hookshot will work on
local maxDstnce = 6 -- Max hookshot stretch lenght (in SQ)
-- Stuff << --

function grappleAnim(parameters)
    if (parameters.counter == 10) then
        local fromPosition = getCreaturePosition(parameters.cid)
        doTeleportThing(parameters.cid, parameters.toPosition, FALSE)
        doSendMagicEffect(fromPosition, CONST_ME_POFF)
        return TRUE
    end
    parameters.counter = parameters.counter + 1
    doSendDistanceShoot(getCreaturePosition(parameters.cid), parameters.toPosition, CONST_ANI_THROWINGSTAR)
    doSendDistanceShoot(getCreaturePosition(parameters.cid), parameters.toPosition, CONST_ANI_ARROW)
    doSendDistanceShoot(getCreaturePosition(parameters.cid), parameters.toPosition, CONST_ANI_SMALLSTONE)
    addEvent(grappleAnim, 100, parameters)
end

local useWorms = FALSE
local waterIds = {493, 4608, 4609, 4610, 4611, 4612, 4613, 4614, 4615, 4616, 4617, 4618, 4619, 4620, 4621, 4622, 4623, 4624, 4625}

function onUse(cid, item, fromPosition, itemEx, toPosition)
    if isInArray(waterIds, itemEx.itemid) == TRUE then
        if itemEx.itemid ~= 493 then
            if useWorms == FALSE or useWorms == TRUE and doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, ITEM_WORM, 1) == TRUE then
                if math.random(1, (100 + (getPlayerSkill(cid, SKILL_FISHING) / 10))) <= getPlayerSkill(cid, SKILL_FISHING) then
                    doPlayerAddItem(cid, ITEM_FISH, 1)
                end
                doPlayerAddSkillTry(cid, SKILL_FISHING, 1)
            end
        end
        doSendMagicEffect(toPosition, CONST_ME_LOSEENERGY)
        return TRUE
    end
    if (itemEx.actionid == reqActnId and getDistanceBetween(getCreaturePosition(cid), toPosition) <= maxDstnce) then
        doSendDistanceShoot(fromPosition, toPosition, CONST_ANI_HUNTINGSPEAR)
        doSendMagicEffect(toPosition, CONST_ME_BLOCKHIT)
        local parameters = {cid = cid, toPosition = toPosition, counter = 0}
        addEvent(grappleAnim, 100, parameters)
    else
        doPlayerSendCancel(cid, "Nothing to hook to in range.")
        doSendMagicEffect(getCreaturePosition(cid), CONST_ME_POFF)
    end
    return TRUE
end
maybe do damage on contact with player aswell?
thanx in advance
would prolly also need a bit of coding that allows the monster to use the script. please say if its impossible

Last edited:
Back