• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Help with Custom Client (Logging into my own Server) <- Sounds noob, but read.

ArkSeyonet

Chancho
Reaction score
Steps I have taken:

1) I checked all ports they are open just fine.
2) Generated new RSA key, added to sources. Changed rsa in config.lua Changed RSA in Client.exe

IP Addresses:

config.lua = loginserver.no-ip.org < my client's public IP

client.exe = login1.no-ip.org + login2.no-ip.org
(Both of these direct to my public IP unless I'm on my own computer, which I have them redirecting back to localhost, since the server is on my computer.)

People can login to my server just fine. When I try to connect to my own server locally, I can get to the character list, but when trying to go into the game it says "Cannot connect to game server"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To explain it simpler...

I am having problems connecting locally to my own server with the custom client. Outside users can connect to my server just fine via my global IP, so it's not a port problem. The client is set up to connect directly to my server anyway, and it DOES work.

I just cannot connect to my own server locally. (Yes I have the client IP's redirecting to 127.0.0.1 by altering my hosts file.)
The above aren't the real IP addresses I'm using. The IP to my server is Apocalypse of Omega Productions Presents :: Lucia: Land of Darkness [8.70]!

Last edited:
Don't use localhost in your hosts file since the server is checking the IP your connecting to and the IP wich is configured in your config.lua so if you connect with 127.0.0.1 and the server has example 83.172.83.94 then you will get connection refused.. Rep++ if i halpz o_O' :ninja:

It wasn't exactly easy to understand what you said, but after reading what you said, I figured it out. I simply redirected my own redirect from localhost, to the server's Local IP.

^ Call me rusty, because I remembered out of nowhere that this happened before, around 3 years ago, and I had to do the same thing. xP
Appreciate it tho. It wasn't until I set the server up to use the Global IP that I had to use the Local IP. When the server didn't have a global IP, I could use localhost.

Np, and sorry for the complex writing hehe :p my english isn't exactly at top and i find it kinda difficult to explain simple stuff xD

Back