• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help with npc

Reaction score
hello as title says i rly need help with my npc! :) iam finished the npc to 60% but i need last script that i cant figure out why it aint working i get some erros on it :p here take a look and se ip you can se whats wrong and please explain to me cuz i want to learn:p like where to add what and why wud be rly nice else just post script if u aint got time to learn me some xD thankz in regardz otlanders:)

Here is the script

Npc.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<npc name="mmm" script="help.lua" walkinterval="1500" floorchange="0">
	<health now="100" max="100"/>
	<look type="128 - Citizen Male" head="0" body="0" legs="0" feet="0" addons="0"/>
</npc>

Npc.lua

Code:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

local TopicState = {}

-- OTServ event handling functions start
function onCreatureAppear(cid)              npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid) end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)           npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid) end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)      npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) end
function onPlayerEndTrade(cid)              npcHandler:onPlayerEndTrade(cid) end
function onPlayerCloseChannel(cid)          npcHandler:onPlayerCloseChannel(cid) end
function onThink()                          npcHandler:onThink() end
-- OTServ event handling functions end

function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)

if (msgcontains(msg, "hello") or msgcontains(msg, "hi")) and (not npcHandler:isFocused(cid)) then
		npcHandler:say("Greetings my friend! You look like you're in quite good (health)!", cid)
		npcHandler:addFocus(cid)
		TopicState[cid] = 0

elseif(not npcHandler:isFocused(cid)) then
		return false

elseif msgcontains(msg, "bye") or msgcontains(msg, "farewell") then
		npcHandler:say("Good bye.", cid, TRUE)
		npcHandler:releaseFocus(cid)

elseif msgcontains(msg, "health") then
		npcHandler:say("the big ugly anonymus rat lives here it needs to die!", cid)

elseif msgcontains(msg, "rat") then
		npcHandler:say("This rat need go be killd go to yalahar levers and find the evil rat and kill it then bring me the golden cheese!", cid)

elseif msgcontains(msg, "golden cheese") then
		npcHandler:say("Do you have any golden cheese with you?", cid)		

end

return true

end

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_WALKAWAY, "Good bye.")

first error is the Golden cheese lets say the ID is > 1234 <
The npc need to remove this cheese from player and add the player a pair of golden legs ?

Secound error is when i say bye to the npc it dosnt answer and in consolle i get this errors

Code:
data/npc/lib/npcsystem/npchandler:647: in function 'say'
data/npc/scripts/help.lua:29: in function 'callback'
data/npc/lib/npcsystem/npchandler:455: in function 'oncreaturesay'

Back