• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Help With Others Connecting to My Server

ecounlimited

Reaction score
I'm so close... but I can't get others to connect to my server. I read through the other threads of people with the same troubles which got me closer, but it still won't work.

Facts:
-The ip in config.lua is the ip from whatismyip.com
-I am able to connect and login to my own server using my IPv4 address
-On canyouseeme.org, they could not see any of my services on port 7171 or 7172... but then I went into my router and changed my static NAT from 192.168.1.39 to Eric-PC (which is my computer) - I have no idea what this does but now canyouseeme.org recognizes my service on both ports 7171 and 7172
-When my friend tries to connect to my server he gets the error message "10060" after timing out - he cannot see the character list
-I use a Motorola router, I'll include a screenshot of my very limited port forwarding page

Thanks for any and all help. I'll be moderating this thread for the next few hours and then tomorrow if it takes that long...

-UPDATE-

I had my friend try to run a server at his house and after port forwarding 7171 and 7172, it worked fine for him. He is on cable internet and I am on DSL if it means anything. Also, when he port forwarded he was able to enter his IPv4 address into where he wanted the ports forwarded. For me, I don't have this option. Maybe someone can tell me what I'm supposed to do? Thanks.
nat.jpg
pf.png

-UPDATE-

I forgot to enable the ports xD. They're now enabled but my friend STILL can't connect. I have a feeling it has to do with port 80... but I'm unable to port forward port 80.

Last edited:
Port 80 is for website. Port 7171-7172 is game port
Also, copy this line from your config so I can see if you had the same problem like me.

Code:
-- Server ip (the ip that server listens on)
    IP = "195.67.244.235"

Our problem doesn't have anything to do with the server config. Our ports or MYSQL seem to be not working. (Error 10060)

have you configure your windows firewall
try to configure it and if you can just test stopping it for some time to know where the problem is

Back