• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 0.X help with this null value

Lurk

Reaction score
Helo, I have this script that allows players to use their website points in tradow windows with other players

I have this on my libs
Lua:
function getAccountPoints(cid)
    local Points = 0
    local Result = db.getResult("SELECT `points` FROM `znote_accounts` WHERE `account_id` = " .. getAccountNumberByPlayerName(getCreatureName(cid))..";")
    if Result:getID() ~= -1 then
        Points = Result:getDataInt("points")
    end
    return tonumber(Points)
end

function doAccountAddPoints(cid, count)
    return db.query("UPDATE `znote_accounts` SET `points` = '".. getAccountPoints(cid) + count .."' WHERE `account_id` = " .. getAccountNumberByPlayerName(getCreatureName(cid))..";")
end

function doAccountRemovePoints(cid, count)
    return db.query("UPDATE `znote_accounts` SET `points` = '".. getAccountPoints(cid) - count .."' WHERE `account_id` = " .. getAccountNumberByPlayerName(getCreatureName(cid))..";")
end

this creaturescript (registered on login.lua and creaturescripts.xml)
Lua:
function CompleteTrade(fromplayer, toplayer, points)
    if getPlayerItemCount(toplayer, 7722) >= 1 and getAccountPoints(fromplayer) >= points then
        doAccountRemovePoints(fromplayer, points)
        doPlayerRemoveItem(toplayer, 7722, 1)
        doPlayerAddPoints(toplayer, points)
        doPlayerSendTextMessage(toplayer, MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING, "You have received ".. points .." Collapser Orbs.")
        return true
    end
end

function CollapserOrbs(item)
    return tonumber(string.match(getItemDescriptions(item.uid).special, "You see (%w+) Collapser Orbs."))
end

function onTradeAccept(cid, target, item, targetItem)
    if isPlayer(cid) and isPlayer(target) then
        if (item.itemid == 7722 and targetItem.itemid == 7722) then
            doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING, "You cannot trade points for points.")
            doPlayerSendTextMessage(target, MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING, "You cannot trade points for points.")
            return false
          end
        if item.itemid == 7722 then
            local points = CollapserOrbs(item)
            addEvent(CompleteTrade, 1, cid, target, points)
        end
        if targetItem.itemid == 7722 then
            local points = CollapserOrbs(targetItem)
            addEvent(CompleteTrade, 1, target, cid, points)
        end
    end
    return true
end

and this talkaction
Lua:
function onSay(cid, words, param, channel)

local t = string.explode(param, ",")
local target = getCreatureByName(t[1])
local points = tonumber(t[2])

if(param == '') then
    return doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "Command requires param.")
end

if (target ~= nil and target ~= cid) and isPlayer(target) and not isPlayerGhost(target) then
    if (points ~= nil) and (type(points) == 'number') and (points>0) then
        if (getAccountPoints(cid) >= points) then
            doTradeOrbs(cid, target, points)
        else
            doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_RED, "You do not have enough points.")
        end
    else
        doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "Invalid param specified.")
    end
else
doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "Invalid param specified.")
end

return true
end

as you can see I added some prints. The error I got is this
Code:
[23:41:39.870] [Error - CreatureScript Interface]
[23:41:39.876] In a timer event called from:
[23:41:39.880] data/creaturescripts/scripts/Trade_Orbs.lua:onTradeAccept
[23:41:39.884] Description:
[23:41:39.886] data/creaturescripts/scripts/Trade_Orbs.lua:5: attempt to compare nil with number
[23:41:39.890] stack traceback:
[23:41:39.891]  data/creaturescripts/scripts/Trade_Orbs.lua:5: in function <data/creaturescripts/scripts/Trade_Orbs.lua:1>

and with my prints I found out that points on my creaturescripts is always null, can anyone help? My print on the talkaction side is showing the currect amount of points but when it goes to the creaturescript it becomes null

edit: fixed. There are source changes for this code (I didn't post/mention because I thought they didn't matter) and turns out that I changed the onlook message there and I have to change the line 12 of the creaturescript to match the new description

Last edited:
Back