• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Help

Guitarmau

Reaction score
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/boost/date_time/filetime_functions.hpp: In function `uint64_t boost::date_time::winapi::file_time_to_microseconds(const FileTimeT&)':
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/boost/date_time/filetime_functions.hpp:101: warning: left shift count >= width of type

In file included from ../sources 0.2.1 MS 8.42/otserv.cpp:24:
../sources 0.2.1 MS 8.42/server.h: In member function `bool ServiceManager::add(uint16_t)':
../sources 0.2.1 MS 8.42/server.h:127: error: `cout' is not a member of `std'
../sources 0.2.1 MS 8.42/server.h:147: error: `cout' is not a member of `std'

make.exe: *** ["../sources 0.2.1 MS 8.42/otserv.o"] Error 1

Execution terminated

COMPILING 0.2.1 MS
theforgottendevcpp_v23

-D__NO_HOMEDIR_CONF__
-D__USE_MYSQL__
-D__USE_SQLITE__
-D__CONSOLE__
-D__EXCEPTION_TRACER__

please guys

Last edited:
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/boost/date_time/filetime_functions.hpp: In function `uint64_t boost::date_time::winapi::file_time_to_microseconds(const FileTimeT&)':
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/boost/date_time/filetime_functions.hpp:101: warning: left shift count >= width of type

../server.cpp: In member function `void Server::eek:nAccept(Connection*, const boost::system::error_code&)':
../server.cpp:104: error: `cout' is not a member of `std'

make.exe: *** [obj//server.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

=x HELP

Last edited:
I came here by way of Google, as I also have this lovely warning about the size of my uint64_t

However, I can tell you about "'cout' is not a member of `std'"...
It means the compiler hit a usage of std::cout, and it has seen the namespace std already in the compilation unit (that's the source file with all include files, including those recursively included, all dumped in at the point of their #include)...
but it has NOT yet seen a definition of cout.'

There are other reasons you could get this error in other situations - using the wrong namespace or whatnot. Here, however, we KNOW that cout is in namespace std, and we also know that it is defined in the standard library header file iostream, so...
#include <iostream>
prior to the code that causes that error.

As for the boost thing, it looks like uint64_t (which the name would indicate is a 64-bit unsigned integer type, or a typedef thereof)... is ACTUALLY 32 bits according to this compiler (If you go to that point in the file, it's getting a left bit shift by 32).

I indeed am on a 32-bit computer, but I do believe my compiler, (MinGW 3.4.5) has support for the long long type, which I think is 64-bits here... so why the weird mismatch? Anyone?