• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Heltera Recent Downtime, for all Helterans

Saints Anathema

Old School Doleran
Reaction score
I know i should have gotten this up written up a while ago, but until i knew exactly what was going to happen i wasnt going to have 100 people chatting about it making their own assumptions. So im going to start this off from the very start. I began playing Cyntara when i had broken my hand, i had nothing to do and i was told if i did anything with my right hand i was basically resetting the clock. So after playing Cyntara for a month or so, and helping Chan with some mapping things, monsters, and general ideas, the server was having really bad downtimes, and i felt a general lost of interest for a moment there, and began learning all about OT's. I wanted to host Heltera so we would always have the server online. Finally the day came, when Heltera went public for the first time. I put a solid year of my life, daily checking the servers, easily 6-14 hours into the server/updating/dealing with isues. I very rarely remember going to bed before 2am.. I dealt with all the stress from DDoS attacks, even all the bullshit from my girlfriend for over a year with it as well. I honestly even as i read myself write deal with the bullshit, from my woman like i cant even put it all into words.. So after all my time and hardwork, and dodging DoS attacks from mexicans/br's/and even some from the USA the thing that finally nailed us was the dedicated company.

In the last 2 months my life has complerely changed, i went from living with my woman, dealing with life as it came, to all of a suden living with my brother and his fiancee and my niece, slapped with a assault charge.. Like picture this, one moment your in the house you have lived in for a year, and then you have a fight with your girl like honestly we had like 50 of the exact same fights... Next thing you know we were kinda side pushing each other outta the way while we were trying to grab something, she slapped me a few times not a big deal, i started calling her a cunt blah blah, and then the moment of truth... she slapped me 4-6 times in the face, and i pushed her with 1 hand, like she finished her slap and when i pushed her she was offbalance, and whammo... her friends came outta her room, saw sasha on the floor and they just fucking tweaked... Cops were called, i stuck around explained my point, and next thing you know i was brought out to the car they grabbed a garbage bag of my clothes, and i was arrested for assault, and could no longer talk to her, or go back to my house of over a year... in one split second.. So i moved into my brothers place, got myself a job, dealt with all the shit with sasha, currently dealing with court, duty council, Im now working fulltime late nights, all of this didnt change anything about how i fel about Heltera.

So lets get into the fun day, We had those disputes come out, and put us like -150 usd.. a day before a payment was due, Kio did a very amazing thing and bailed the server out, threw like 270$ to cover the 150 and pay for the like 120 on the dedicated. Then for whatever reason the server was off for lik 2-3 days, then i got it back on, oh and when i say offline for 2-3 days, i mean like i send them email tickets like every 3-5 hours all day, until they respond. The servers being offline means im more often than not frustrated as hell. So finally i talk to them and tell them i want my WoW server taken offline, and that i only wanted Heltera for now, and they go well my last payment was for WoW. and not for my Heltera IP, and like by this point heltera had been offline for like 7-8 days and out of those 7 days i had managed to get it up for a few hours, so then they told me they wanted another 120 for Heltera, and i was like if i had my servers up for that time i could easily have gotten that, but if they werent even gonna put them on like i couldnt make it happen. So then they just turned off the WoW one and locked me outta both ive showed Kio alot of these tickets out of everyone hes the main person i kept in contact with so he atleast knew i wasnt bagging him. So i brought up disputes with paypal saying i dont have access to my servers, and later lost that dispute, i guess netrackers does like easily 10-20G's of paypal business monthly, because they would have told anyone else theres no seller protection for virtual items/hosting etc etc.

So now lets address all the assholes, to anyone who thought i just like up and shut off my server to run off with lol... the small ammount of money the server was making, or anyone who doubted that i am nothing but dedicated to my server, and its players. Just imagine being asked the same question by 80 people for a year, and then imagine what happens to my msn when the servers turn off, then imagine half talking to one person then like everyone like jumping to conclusions, this is why i find out whats going on first before i really say anything. To any of my staff that feel i just abandoned them and made them feel unwanted/unneeded that was hardly the case, but like at the first 1-2 weeks of this assault shit, i didnt want to talk to anyone, and especially now i most often than not just see peoples messages from like 8-9 hours after they left them. I now work from 10pm-6am.

Heltera will be back, im hoping within a week or 2, dealing with what new company i want to go with, and i have alot of changes happening. People that wanna come back, ill be glad to see you, and if you dont come back... well take care.

-God Exodus
Proud Heltera Owner

Never thought the worst of yu, maybe was a tad disappointed that the server was down, but I'm sure yu'll see me around again from time to time. :thumbup:

~Bane

your telling people way too much lol..this is the type of convo you have with a psychiatrist.

Community > scripts/map

I'm sorry to hear this dude, I hope everything works out in the end.

Good luck.

this post wasnt like meant for a huge conversation to all otland members, i dont have a site/forums up so i made this post for all the players of heltera, so thats why its somewhat detailed in my life. I just felt they deserved some type of a reason of why it was down other than "fight with the dedicated company" and "stressful life"

and my "roxor" map lol doesnt even have the roxor warp room, its got over a years worth of work on it and its hardly anything roxor, i kept a few spawns just because they were useful, but getting offtopic....

I appreciate all the nicer posts here, at all th flamers/negative posts... you can go fuck yourselves...

-God Exodus

Oh boy, i've been wondering why the server has been down for so long, I didn't think it was coming back. but yeah i even googled latest info on heltera, and luckily I found this thread, anyways can't wait for it to come back :]

-Great

p.s. to all of those out there saying it's a naab roxxor map, well your wrong, it's basically fully custom mapped, with custom towns made by heltera's staff, and the community on heltera is close, and a nice great group of people! I hope my friends come back, when the server comes on again :]

Simply pathetic & barbaric

This is a damn-straight outrage.
I mean, what the FUCK am I reading here?!

Your life is hard it must suck

I hope when you're faced with problems nobody is there to help you.

And who are you?
Thanks. Another heartless, unknown individual.

get aids it's solves many problems

Frag, I don't know who you think you are, or why you think you're funny. I don't think I could give you credit for one quality post on these forums. One day I know you'll hit puberty and decide to never sign into OTland again.

God take, god give.

I personally don't have a problem with your post.

your telling people way too much lol..this is the type of convo you have with a psychiatrist.

And you think you have your life, and everybody else's all figured out huh? Maybe if you read the intention to his post you wouldn't have replied so foolishly.

It's a roxxor map, it's really not even that great.

rofl

Where is your server? Where is your dedication to ANYTHING?
Name a few other small-world OTs that have been around for over a year. You may be able to name a handful. But try naming a small-world OT that has been around for over a year and has a hard-working owner that is in-touch with his community more than some people are in-touch with their families. Coming from the guy that has dealt with every single player's donation by hand. Surely not a "put-up and receive money OT"

So how about you learn a bit about something before you try criticizing it. You make yourself look nearly as foolish as fragdonut.

Community > scripts/map

I can't stress that enough.

@Justin
I was never told this story, besides the assault part, which I've already felt for you there buddy. But even amidst not chatting in a while, I love how I'm the start of every one of your good OT/Heltera stories. You have no idea how much that means to me.
Besides the fact I believe you're one of the most well-rounded people on the OTland forums, your dedication to your players very much surpasses mine, although you lack in a few small areas that may have made Heltera a "smaller-world OT" than it very much could have been. Which, I'm still offering you assistance any day of the week.
But you need to get off the nettrackers thing man. There are so many other great hosting companies, and from all I hear is that they're shit. Get off Windows too, your server will appreciate it. I'm not going into great detail about what you should do in regards to Heltera here, but I'm definitely here if you need a bit of guidance, because I know you'd do the same to me if I needed it about anything.

Lastly
OTland, users above me (most). I am thoroughly ashamed in all of you. You may not have played Heltera. You may not know my buddy Justin. But have you not feelings? We're a part of OTland - Open Source Community. A community is supposed to live together, and help each other out. What you guys posted is immature and rude, and it gives you a terrible persona to people that don't exactly know you. And no, I'm not expecting you to lick ass or something, but if you don't have something important to say then what's so hard about keeping it to yourself?
It seems like most people only care about post count and "being funny on the internet". If you live by that philosophy you will not make it far in life. Pity.

Justin, you can talk to me on MSN whenever you want,
Red
Proud advocate of Heltera

Hail Heltera.

Luck will come your way Justin, just be strong.

/Justin (sexy name, huh?)

I agree with 100% of what red said, however i like how heltera was a smaller community, it made all of the players close, and there was no one on the server that didn't have friends online. I remember whenever i logged in I had atleast 3 or 4 friends on at all time. Not to mention Justin was always a nice generous and understanding admin, I started heltera December 23rd 2009, christmas eve, right when i logged in the server i saw him giving gifts to his players, and luckily enough he gave me a nice generous gift, which kept me playing on heltera, I got very involved with the community, and I always remembered Justin working on the server to make it better, and more fun. I also have to give some credits to Ravenia, not sure of her real name, but she also helped with some mapping which was awesome. All in all heltera was the best ot I ever played, with cyntara being my 2nd favorite. Keep up the good work Justin, and hope to see you again soon.

-Great

P.S. Any more info as to when the server is expected to be back?
I have checked 2-4 times daily to see if the server was back ever since it has been down. but yeah can't wait till it's back.

i am at a loss for words, there are very few opinions that i still respect, especially around computers. Chan you are and will always be a very good friend of mine, and i cant wait until my life can give us more time to shoot the shit.

i wont really respond to any of the negative feeback from people, dont have enough time for it, and honestly you really said it better than i ever could..

Now for all the players of Heltera, i expect to have Heltera back up in the earliest 1 week, and the latest like 2-3 weeks.

I might even put up a quick test server on my home computer, for like a special-invite only server, so we all dont lose touch and players still have the ability to keep in touch with themselves, it wont be advertised due to the fact i dont want to be ddos'd on my home network.

at all the players that replied, i cant wait to be able to sit down and hit the bong and talk it up in ventrillo again.

its currently 7am, i got off work at 10pm-6am and i have court for 9am so i will have to wrap this up here,

I will always be here for Heltera, times are tough right now, but soon we will be smiling again.

"The man who put the D in Dedicated"
-God Exodus

PS :cool: Chan :cool:

And you think you have your life, and everybody else's all figured out huh? Maybe if you read the intention to his post you wouldn't have replied so foolishly.

Dude his intentions were not said in the main post...I just thought he was revealing too much for otland to see..im not gonna tell you guys how I went to jail for a few days for driving without insurance etc..

I knew your reasoning Justin, just for a confirmation I never thought you abbandoned anyone or anything...and even IF you did...I would still understand. We missed ya, and hope everything goes well.

And you can count on me coming back. :)

Back