• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Henricus, attempt to call global 'getBlessingsCost' (a nil value)

ralke

(҂ ͠❛ ෴ ͡❛)ᕤ
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
ralke23
Twitch
ralke23
Hi! I use TFS 1.4 downgraded by Nekiro 8.60 and I have this little trouble with Henricus. How can I fix this function getBlessingCost, is it already part of the sources?
1636383682406.png

Here's the NPC file
Lua:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid)            npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)            end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)        npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)            end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        end
function onThink()                npcHandler:onThink()                    end

local function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
    if not npcHandler:isFocused(cid) then
        return false
    end
    local player = Player(cid)
    local totalBlessPrice = getBlessingsCost(player:getLevel()) * 5 * 1.1

if msgcontains(msg, "inquisitor") then
        npcHandler:say("The churches of the gods entrusted me with the enormous and responsible task to lead the inquisition. I leave the field work to inquisitors who I recruit from fitting people that cross my way.", cid)
    elseif msgcontains(msg, "join") then
        if player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) < 1 then
            npcHandler:say("Do you want to join the inquisition?", cid)
            npcHandler.topic[cid] = 2
        end
    elseif msgcontains(msg, "blessing") or msgcontains(msg, "bless") then
        if player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 25 then --if quest is done
            npcHandler:say("Do you want to receive the blessing of the inquisition - which means all five available blessings - for " .. totalBlessPrice .. " gold?", cid)
            npcHandler.topic[cid] = 7
        else
            npcHandler:say("You cannot get this blessing unless you have completed The Inquisition Quest.", cid)
            npcHandler.topic[cid] = 0
        end
    elseif msgcontains(msg, "mission") or msgcontains(msg, "report") then
        if player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) < 1 then
            npcHandler:say("Do you want to join the inquisition?", cid)
            npcHandler.topic[cid] = 2
        elseif player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 1 then
            npcHandler:say({
                "Let's see if you are worthy. Take an inquisitor's field guide from the box in the back room. ...",
                "Follow the instructions in the guide to talk to the Thaian guards that protect the walls and gates of the city and test their loyalty. Then report to me about your {mission}."
            }, cid)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline, 2)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Mission01, 1) -- The Inquisition Questlog- "Mission 1: Interrogation"
        elseif player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 2 then
            npcHandler:say("Your current mission is to investigate the reliability of certain guards. Are you done with that mission?", cid)
            npcHandler.topic[cid] = 3
        elseif player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 3 then
                "Listen, we have information about a heretic coven that hides in a mountain called the Big Old One. The witches reach this cursed place on flying brooms and think they are safe there. ...",
                "I've arranged a flying carpet that will bring you to their hideout. Travel to Femor Hills and tell the carpet pilot the codeword 'eclipse' ...",
                "He'll bring you to your destination. At their meeting place, you'll find a cauldron in which they cook some forbidden brew ...",
                "Use this vial of holy water to destroy the brew. Also steal their grimoire and bring it to me."
            }, cid)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline, 4)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Mission02, 1) -- The Inquisition Questlog- "Mission 2: Eclipse"
            player:addItem(7494, 1)
        elseif player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 5 then
            if player:removeItem(8702, 1) then
                    "I think it's time to truly test your abilities. One of our allies has requested assistance. I think you are just the right person to help him ...",
                    "Storkus is an old and grumpy dwarf who works as a vampire hunter since many, many decades. He's quite successful but even hehas his limits. ...",
                    "So occasionally, we send him help. In return he trains and tests our recruits. It's an advantageous agreement for both sides ...",
                    "You'll find him in his cave at the mountain outside of Kazordoon. He'll tell you about your next mission."
                }, cid)
                player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline, 6)
                player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Mission02, 3) -- The Inquisition Questlog- "Mission 2: Eclipse"
                player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Mission03, 1) -- The Inquisition Questlog- "Mission 3: Vampire Hunt"
            else
                npcHandler:say("You need bring me the witches' grimoire.", cid)
            end
        elseif player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) > 5 and player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) < 11 then
            npcHandler:say("Your current mission is to help the vampire hunter Storkus. Are you done with that mission? ", cid)
            npcHandler.topic[cid] = 4
        elseif player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 11 then
                "We've got a report about an abandoned and haunted house in Liberty Bay. I want you to examine this house. It's the only ruin in Liberty Bay so you should have no trouble finding it. ...",
                "There's an evil being somewhere. I assume that it will be easier to find the right spot at night. Use this vial of holy water on that spot to drive out the evil being."
            }, cid)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline, 12)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Mission04, 1) -- The Inquisition Questlog- "Mission 4: The Haunted Ruin"
        elseif player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 12 or player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 13 then
            npcHandler:say("Your current mission is to exorcise an evil being from a house in Liberty Bay. Are you done with that mission? ", cid)
            npcHandler.topic[cid] = 5
        elseif player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 14 then
                "You've handled heretics, witches, vampires and ghosts. Now be prepared to face the most evil creatures we are fighting - demons. Your new task is extremely simple, though far from easy. ...",
                "Go and slay demonic creatures wherever you find them. Bring me 20 of their essences as a proof of your accomplishments."
            }, cid)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline, 15)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Mission05, 1) -- The Inquisition Questlog- "Mission 5: Essential Gathering"
        elseif player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 15 then
            if player:removeItem(6500, 20) then
                    "You're indeed a dedicated protector of the true believers. Don't stop now. Kill as many of these creatures as you can. ...",
                    "I also have a reward for your great efforts. Talk to me about your {demon hunter outfit} anytime from now on. Afterwards, let's talk about the next mission that's awaiting you."
                }, cid)
                player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline, 16)
                player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Mission05, 2) -- The Inquisition Questlog- "Mission 5: Essential Gathering"
            else
                npcHandler:say("You need 20 of them.", cid)
            end
        elseif player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 17 then
                "We've got information about something very dangerous going on on the isle of Edron. The demons are preparing something there ...",
                "Something that is a threat to all of us. Our investigators were able to acquire vital information before some of them were slain by a demon named Ungreez. ...",
                "It'll be your task to take revenge and to kill that demon. You'll find him in the depths of Edron. Good luck."
            }, cid)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline, 18)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Mission06, 1) -- The Inquisition Questlog- "Mission 6: The Demon Ungreez"
        elseif player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 19 then
                "So the beast is finally dead! Thank the gods. At least some things work out in our favour ...",
                "Our other operatives were not that lucky, though. But you will learn more about that in your next {mission}."
            }, cid)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline, 20)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Mission06, 3) -- The Inquisition Questlog- "Mission 6: The Demon Ungreez"
            player:addOutfitAddon(288, 1)
            player:addOutfitAddon(289, 1)
            player:getPosition():sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_MAGIC_BLUE)
        elseif player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 20 then
            npcHandler:say("Destroy the shadow nexus using this vial of holy water and kill all demon lords.", cid)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline, 21)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Mission07, 1) -- The Inquisition Questlog- "Mission 7: The Shadow Nexus"
        elseif player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 21 or player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 22 then
            npcHandler:say("Your current mission is to destroy the shadow nexus in the Demon Forge. Are you done with that mission?", cid)
            npcHandler.topic[cid] = 6
        end
    elseif msgcontains(msg, "yes") then
        if npcHandler.topic[cid] == 2 then
            npcHandler:say("So be it. Now you are a member of the inquisition. You might ask me for a {mission} to raise in my esteem.", cid)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline, 1)
        elseif npcHandler.topic[cid] == 3 then
            if player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.WalterGuard) == 1 and player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.KulagGuard) == 1 and player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.GrofGuard) == 1 and player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.MilesGuard) == 1 and player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.TimGuard) == 1 then
                    "Indeed, this is exactly what my other sources told me. Of course I knew the outcome of this investigation in advance. This was just a test. ...",
                    "Well, now that you've proven yourself as useful, you can ask me for another mission. Let's see if you can handle some field duty, too."
                }, cid)
                player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline, 3)
                player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Mission01, 7) -- The Inquisition Questlog- "Mission 1: Interrogation"
            else
                npcHandler:say("You haven't done your mission yet.", cid)
            end
        elseif npcHandler.topic[cid] == 4 then
            if player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 10 then
                npcHandler:say("Good, you've returned. Your skill in practical matters seems to be useful. If you're ready for a further mission, just ask. ", cid)
                player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline, 11)
                player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Mission03, 6) -- The Inquisition Questlog- "Mission 3: Vampire Hunt"
            else
                npcHandler:say("You haven't done your mission with {Storkus} yet.", cid)
            end
        elseif npcHandler.topic[cid] == 5 then
            if player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 13 then
                npcHandler:say("Well, this was an easy task, but your next mission will be much more challenging. ", cid)
                player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline, 14)
                player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Mission04, 3) -- The Inquisition Questlog- "Mission 4: The Haunted Ruin"
            else
                npcHandler:say("You haven't done your mission with {Storkus} yet.", cid)
            end
        elseif npcHandler.topic[cid] == 6 then
            if player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 22 then
                    "Incredible! You're a true defender of faith! I grant you the title of a High Inquisitor for your noble deeds. From now on you can obtain the blessing of the inquisition which makes the pilgrimage of ashes obsolete ...",
                    "The blessing of the inquisition will bestow upon you all available blessings for the price of 60000 gold. Also, don't forget to ask me about your {outfit} to receive the final addon as demon hunter."
                }, cid)
                player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline, 23)
                player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Mission07, 3) -- The Inquisition Questlog- "Mission 7: The Shadow Nexus"
                player:addAchievement('High Inquisitor')
            else
                npcHandler:say("Come back when you have destroyed the shadow nexus.", cid)
            end
        elseif npcHandler.topic[cid] == 7 then
            if player:getBlessings() == 5 then
                npcHandler:say("You already have been blessed!", cid)
            elseif player:removeMoney(totalBlessPrice) then
                npcHandler:say("You have been blessed by all of five gods!, |PLAYERNAME|.", cid)
                for b = 1, 5 do
                    player:addBlessing(b)
                end
                player:getPosition():sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_HOLYAREA)
            else
                npcHandler:say("Come back when you have enough money.", cid)
            end
        end
    elseif msgcontains(msg, "no") then
        if npcHandler.topic[cid] > 0 then
            npcHandler:say("Then no.", cid)
        end
    elseif msgcontains(msg, "outfit") then
        if player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 16 then
            npcHandler:say("Here is your demon hunter outfit. You deserve it. Unlock more addons by completing more missions.", cid)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline, 17)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Mission05, 3) -- The Inquisition Questlog- "Mission 5: Essential Gathering"
            player:addOutfit(288, 0)
            player:addOutfit(289, 0)
        elseif player:getStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline) == 23 then
            npcHandler:say("Here is the final addon for your demon hunter outfit. Congratulations!", cid)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Questline, 24)
            player:setStorageValue(PlayerStorageKeys.TheInquisition.Mission07, 4) -- The Inquisition Questlog- "Mission 7: The Shadow Nexus"
            player:addOutfitAddon(288, 2)
            player:addOutfitAddon(289, 2)
            player:addAchievement('Demonbane')
        end
    elseif msgcontains(msg, 'dark') then
            'The dark powers are always present. If a human shows only the slightest weakness, they try to corrupt him and to lure him into their service. ...',
            'We must be constantly aware of evil that comes in many disguises.'
        }, cid)
    elseif msgcontains(msg, 'king') then
            'The Thaian kings are crowned by a representative of the churches. This means they reign in the name of the gods of good and are part of the godly plan for humanity. ...',
            'As nominal head of the church of Banor, the kings aren\'t only worldly but also spiritual authorities. ...',
            'The kings fund the inquisition and sometimes provide manpower in matters of utmost importance. The inquisition, in return, protects the realm from heretics and individuals that aim to undermine the holy reign of the kings.'
        }, cid)
    elseif msgcontains(msg, 'banor') then
            'In the past, the order of Banor was the only order of knighthood in existence. In the course of time, the order concentrated more and more on spiritual matters rather than on worldly ones. ...',
            'Nowadays, the order of Banor sanctions new orders and offers spiritual guidance to the fighters of good.'
        }, cid)
    elseif msgcontains(msg, 'fardos') then
        npcHandler:say('The priests of Fardos are often mystics who have secluded themselves from worldly matters. Others provide guidance and healing to people in need in the temples.', cid)
    elseif msgcontains(msg, 'uman') then
            'The church of Uman oversees the education of the masses as well as the doings of the sorcerer and druid guilds. It decides which lines of research are in accordance with the will of Uman and which are not. ...',
            'Concerned, the inquisition watches the attempts of these guilds to become more and more independent and to make own decisions. ...',
            'Unfortunately, the sorcerer guild has become dangerously influential and so the hands of our priests are tied due to political matters ...',
            'The druids lately claim that they are serving Crunor\'s will and not Uman\'s. Such heresy could only become possible with the independence of Carlin from the Thaian kingdom. ...',
            'The spiritual centre of the druids switched to Carlin where they have much influence and cannot be supervised by the inquisition.'
        }, cid)
    elseif msgcontains(msg, 'fafnar') then
            'Fafnar is mostly worshipped by the peasants and farmers in rural areas. ...',
            'The inquisition has a close eye on these activities. Simply people tend to mix local superstitions with the teachings of the gods. This again may lead to heretical subcults.'
        }, cid)
    elseif msgcontains(msg, 'edron') then
            'Edron illustrates perfectly why the inquisition is needed and why we need more funds and manpower. ...',
            'Our agents were on their way to investigate certain occurrences there when some faithless knights fled to some unholy ruins. ...',
            'We were unable to wipe them out and the local order of knighthood was of little help. ...',
            'It\'s almost sure that something dangerous is going on there, so we have to continue our efforts.'
        }, cid)
    elseif msgcontains(msg, 'ankrahmun') then
            'Even though they claim differently, this city is in the firm grip of Zathroth and his evil minions. Their whole twisted religion is a mockery of the teachings of our gods ...',
            'As soon as we have gathered the strength, we should crush this city once and for all.'
        }, cid)
    end
    return true
end

keywordHandler:addKeyword({'demon'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'Demons exist in many different shapes and levels of power. In general, they are servants of the dark gods and command great powers of destruction.'})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'gods'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'We owe to the gods of good our creation and continuing existence. If it weren\'t for them, we would surely fall prey to the minions of the vile and dark gods.'})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'believer'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'Belive on the gods and they will show you the path.'})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'job'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'By edict of the churches I\'m the Lord Inquisitor.'})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'name'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'I\'m Henricus, the Lord Inquisitor.'})

npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Greetings, fellow {believer} |PLAYERNAME|!")
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_FAREWELL, "Always be on guard, |PLAYERNAME|!")
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_WALKAWAY, "This ungraceful haste is most suspicious!")

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Regards!

Solution
E
not part of sources...

just add this to global.lua

Lua:
function getBlessingsCost(level)
    if level <= 30 then
        return 2000
    elseif level >= 120 then
        return 20000