• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Heyron - Mapping Showoff

Heyron

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm working on a project that aims to remaster Yurots 7.6 to 8.6 with custom sprites.

I accept criticism and constructive suggestions.

The map will follow the style of the classic Yurots, but with improvements to the map and expansion of the continent.

General view of the original city.
1612461386452.png

General view of the city remastered.
1612461470680.png

City images.
1612461527169.png

1612461540022.png

1612461602344.png
Post automatically merged:

1612463221054.png

1612463238579.png

1612463252251.png

Last edited:
I like the split between pavement and road but the road with broad stones should be continued till bridge not cut off by pavement.

Temple is nice angel statue square also,
I see no point of the walls on the east and north, from what are they protecting? I'd make a tiny camp to see at least threat.
You can add some more moist underground with muddy border, and maybe swamps close to river? it is too boring there

Overall I like this city :)

Attachments

I like the split between pavement and road but the road with broad stones should be continued till bridge not cut off by pavement.

Temple is nice angel statue square also,
I see no point of the walls on the east and north, from what are they protecting? I'd make a tiny camp to see at least threat.
You can add some more moist underground with muddy border, and maybe swamps close to river? it is too boring there

Overall I like this city :)

Thank you very much for the comment.

The idea of the walls around the city is to give the feeling of protection.

The map is in its initial phase. To the north and east there will be a great expansion of the continent, being possible to go to hunting grounds, such as castles, dungeons, caves and so on.

At the main entrances to the city, there will be NPC guards who attack enemies as they approach.

Last edited:
No. What this cyclopes eat, what they do, do they hunt? on what? where they get this items you can loot from them? where they sleep? No.

No. What this cyclopes eat, what they do, do they hunt? on what? where they get this items you can loot from them? where they sleep? No.

Nice analysis, as I said, my way of mapping is very modest.

I don't like super detailed maps, I prefer clean maps with minimal details so as not to compromise gameplay.

I don't like super detailed maps, I prefer clean maps with minimal details so as not to compromise gameplay.
Even when it comes to put a hay in cave corner, campfire and deer corpse?
I think You should reconsider this! :)

I noted this tiny thing: It looks like you can pass there but you cannot.
I did same and it was really frustrating when I was walking around and couldn't walk by it and didn't even know what is blocking the way...
I couldn't help it so I put unwalkable mountain ground underneath them,
...at least it looked like you cannot walk on it.
This is just a detail but just like small fir tree behind bigger one, blocks way and you don't know why

Can't wait for more, whats underground?

Attachments

I think You should reconsider this! :)

I noted this tiny thing: It looks like you can pass there but you cannot.
I did same and it was really frustrating when I was walking around and couldn't walk by it and didn't even know what is blocking the way...
I couldn't help it so I put unwalkable mountain ground underneath them,
...at least it looked like you cannot walk on it.
This is just a detail but just like small fir tree behind bigger one, blocks way and you don't know why

Can't wait for more, whats underground?

Well noted.

These stones I modified in Objetic Builder, it is possible to walk on them, that's why I placed them.

Corpses I believe that it is not possible to add due to the decayTo parameter in items.xml

Last edited:
Corpses I believe that it is not possible to add due to the decayTo parameter in items.xml
Hey this is great to hear! maybe one day I also edit it object builder ^^

Idk if this is trick or anything, but i'm assigning unique id to object like corpse or splashed water and then it doesn't disappear xD

What do you think of these personalized stalagmites?
I intend to apply them in all the caves in this same pattern of combination of red mountain and cave floor.
1614008041088.png

Spider cave, tarantula and giant spider. Downstairs, the old widow can rarely be born.
1614008264704.png

1614008276431.png

1614008312343.png

Cyclops Cave
1614024616656.png

1614024628291.png

1614024641718.png

1614024653392.png

Last edited:
Back