• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hi, I'm a beginner.

Godyness

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. this year I would like to set up a good 7.4 server. I would like you to help me with what knowledge I should learn.

I'll be posting the progress, thanks for your time and help.

The stuff you will need to learn is mainly going to be lua scripting. That will be your bread and butter for creating the ideas you have for your server. You will also need to familiarize yourself with editing and using .xml files, as well as setting up a webserver and database server (apache and mysql), and would probably want to start playing with the mapeditor too.

For 7.4 I can't really recommend any specific server or distribution right now as I don't currently dabble with that client, but as far as I know, the only ones really supporting that client are SUPER outdated, which means tons of bugs that players have already discovered will probably exist.

I can however recommend GitHub - nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades: Alternative forgottenserver versions for older protocols support (https://github.com/nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades) for 7.72, 8.0, or 8.6 client, as that one is bleeding edge when it comes to the source code for those older clients.

If you are stuck on 7.4 being a must, then you will either need to learn some c++ to alter the protocol (still recommending nekiro's here) yourself, or you will likely be risking getting some kind of malware by downloading someones datapack or something for a server that supports that client.

Back