• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

High ping, low upload.

Peroxide

Gone since January 2018
Senator
Reaction score
Been having troubles with my internet lately and have also been in contact with the ISP.
They've sent a new router out which fixed nothing.

Basically my ping to any website including the routers ISP gateway 60.234.8.4 is at least 9000ms
My upload is a mere 38kbps.

Anyone know what could be the problem?

Been having troubles with my internet lately and have also been in contact with the ISP.
They've sent a new router out which fixed nothing.

Basically my ping to any website including the routers ISP gateway 60.234.8.4 is at least 9000ms
My upload is a mere 38kbps.

Anyone know what could be the problem?
OS?

windows 8.1, but this is happening throughout our home network. most of which are running different OS

Tested another router? Tried to reset the router? :p
Most problems ive had ive located to the router in some way, sometimes all you need a restart (cache) and sometimes it seems to want a factory reset.

When you rent a modem from your ISP, you usually end up with crappy, used hardware. Additionally, they provide the line to your home that gets you the internet, whether by phone, fiber or cable. That line has to go outdoors where you'll find bugs, wild animals, hostile weather conditions, and more fun stuff. Any number of strange issues may happen, including an animal digging up and eating through a cable line. I've also seen normal issues where equipment failed or a technician did a poor job of connecting the line. A lot can happen, so if you've ruled everything else you should call your ISP, and continue calling them until the issue is resolved.

When you rent a modem from your ISP, you usually end up with crappy, used hardware. Additionally, they provide the line to your home that gets you the internet, whether by phone, fiber or cable. That line has to go outdoors where you'll find bugs, wild animals, hostile weather conditions, and more fun stuff. Any number of strange issues may happen, including an animal digging up and eating through a cable line. I've also seen normal issues where equipment failed or a technician did a poor job of connecting the line. A lot can happen, so if you've ruled everything else you should call your ISP, and continue calling them until the issue is resolved.
This is currently what I've been doing. Been thinking it's a line issue at the exchange.

Call them and have them check your signal in the "box" in the wall. The place your router gets its signal from. At my place the isp guy said we had 76/360 in signal power. Because the line is bad we get higher bandwith than what we pay for so we can get what we pay for.

They have a device that looks like a phone from 1980s to messure your signal.

Back