• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Homage: A Link to the Past.

Lmaooooooooooooooo 2. fav game! good luck buddy

Im gonna update this map as I progress. Perhaps a mod could be so generous and move the son of a shepherds post to map gala?

is this just for fun or are you making it for a server?
making it for my server I suppose, im going to build beyond that maps edges once its finished. I'm playing this whole build a server thing real fast and loose lol. But I'm solely in this for fun. The three F's of game design are Fun,Freedom,Fairness, and they're important in that order.

Last edited:
making it for my server I suppose, im going to build beyond that maps edges once its finished. I'm playing this whole build a server thing real fast and loose lol. But I'm solely in this for fun. The three F's of game design are Fun,Freedom,Fairness, and they're important in that order.

What If I consider Power abuse Fun, does it trump Fairness?

Since is a solo-game originally, how are your thoughts on converting it to multiplayer?

What If I consider Power abuse Fun, does it trump Fairness?
If the game is designed to let you do this, and power-abusing is an element, that's not fun for the majority of players.
Since is a solo-game originally, how are your thoughts on converting it to multiplayer?
At this point I'm just using the map to inspire the root of my custom ot map. I'm taking some creative license here and there with the details.

So you are going to replicate the link to the past map?

If so im looking forward what you come up with :D

So you are going to replicate the link to the past map?

If so im looking forward what you come up with :D
1631825583655.png
its coming along, but im hitting walls with RME. I have a lot to learn. I'm noticing a lot of pieces in RAW that arent in the other palettes (so they dont auto border/corner like the wall brushes in terrain/town) Its my understanding these can be made, but im clueless on the process so im held up until I educate myself and build out my RME. But like the mighty corn stalk I will grow tall!

This adds a few missing things.
Also remember that there is a Border Tool that you can click on to the left of erase/pz/... buttons

Both tips are educational to me lol. Thank you kindly. I will beseech the harvest moon on your behalf good fellow, your fall crop will be hearty! I will study those contents in pursuit of learning how to build them.

update, getting the hang of RME. Not sure if im using those slanted red roofs right but i think it looks ok.
1631866373927.png

unknown.png

1631912302898.png
Forest is coming out great, and the pathing under branches creates an environment unlike any ive personally experienced in tibia. The torches make it more intuitive to find hidden paths at night to discourage light hacks when traversing it.

unknown.png

took some creative license with the houses in kakariko since they're all square in link to the past.

Sorry, don't be offended, but this is the pure opinion of a longtime mapper. If you don't change the sprite, it would look different on your own, you won't achieve anything with it. The servers in 2021 are much ahead of the old servers, client changes, sprites, or other game mechanics, if you continue to do it on the basis of ordinary Tibia, then the project should be treated as a hobby.

Sorry, don't be offended, but this is the pure opinion of a longtime mapper. If you don't change the sprite, it would look different on your own, you won't achieve anything with it. The servers in 2021 are much ahead of the old servers, client changes, sprites, or other game mechanics, if you continue to do it on the basis of ordinary Tibia, then the project should be treated as a hobby.
I can barely understand what you're trying to say? Are you saying I should update my protocol? Because 8.6 is old? I have to kindly disagree, some of the most popular servers are 8.6. Beyond that, I asked for feedback on the map design, not my versions sprites, and whether my server is a hobby or not is irrelevant. I dont understand why you think its your place to tell me how to treat my project, especially considering that for all you know my goal is a fun server for my friends (in fact thats the only assertion i've ever made about the nature of my project) and im not in this for money. Thank you for your feedback though. Even though I disagree.
Post automatically merged:

1632510954517.png
First floor of the tavern/depot. Had to replace this building to make a functional spot. Theres a memorial plaque near the bar detailing the bars history and remodeling.

Last edited:
Sorry, my under-reading mistake. My earlier answer was not offensive towards you. I just wanted to make you aware that by doing some project that deviates from normal game standards, with version 8.6 and its sprites, you would have a hard time breaking through. I haven't read that it's not going to be a mainstream server, just for friends. Personally, when it comes to the map, and if you want to know something, add more details, for example, some small pebbles on the road. I understand you are modeling on a different game or project, but Tibia 8.6 has quite a few items that could be better used on the road or on nature.

Back