• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Honestly..

KikiCo

Frequent Donator
Reaction score
I know I've said this before..

But I feel like I wanna get into detail with this..

I've been with this site since the early 2008
era.. Completely new faces Completely new styles I see.. I remember an entire advertising page of NOTHING but new types of Server... It really sucks to see it's completely changed.. I always figured this forum wouldn't go so far down the tubes..
I've talked about leaving the site.. I've even left it a couple of times.. But honestly i'm so sick of the donation hungry RL map Fake tibia hosts that I just don't even like logging into my account anymore.. I know it's all I ever see new when I come excited to see if anyone other then another 12 year old has opened a

"RL Project! 100% Custom! All the Same Real map But somehow I made it 100% custom! come check it out and DONATE! PLEASE DONATE TO KEEP THE RL ALIVE"

Like no, Just end your entire existence with Tibia if you're gonna be a complete failure and spam the forum with your Terribly AWFUL -10/10 RL Clone you claim is your own...

Not only Is it the RL maps that piss me off but it's that any other server that I see put A little effort into making something new.. (which I love don't get me wrong) but the Server has either No GM OR the GM on is begging for those minor donations that one person gave and is now unkillable and a complete tool sitting outside spawn killing anyone who takes a step out of safety..

To the point of all of this.. I'm just so disappointing to see my fellow OT Lovers..
Just disappointed.

nah, Actually forgot which account I used to use when I quit tibia in 2011 Decided not to come back and I kinda got back into it in 2013 and came back here.

The only thing you can do is hone your skills and start working on something badass. I am a long time player, but never got into the development side. Well, I start doing that a bit ago, and boy this shit isn't easy. Infact I flat out suck at it haha. But atleast I'm making slight progress.

Just imagine if everyone who played shadowcores started making their own server. The amount of progress this site would have would be ridiculous. But I'm just living in a dream world there.

I've ran three of my own servers.. I know it's not easy but hell. People taking the easy way out and just making RL porjects isn't the way out.

Creating a good / unique custom server requires more effort than one might think. I have around 6 years experience in OT development, and recently I tried to create a side-project in "1 month" with a friend, and it was impossible to create something that's good enough for my standards in that amount of time. It would require at least 4 months of constant working.

That being said, and taking in mind how most people today behave in OT development scene, I'm not even surprised that the situation is like this. Nobody wants to put effort or invest longer amounts of time into a project. Everyone would just like some "quick cash" and that's it.

But yeah, recently more and more people have been posting about this, though posting the obvious won't fix anything. Like @Clay the Hippy suggested, it's best to take the matter in your own hands and start by either creating a project or helping out a currently existing (custom) one.

All we need to fix this situation is people that are willing to work, and people that are willing to play these custom projects and not the heinous spawns of moneygrabbers.

(p.s. :salut: to actual RL map server owners who take care of their server and have been working on it for years continously. I only hate the brainless download-'n'-run servers.)

This is really old news, and how exactly is this thread going to help? I see posts just like this all the time.

Creating a good / unique custom server requires more effort than one might think. I have around 6 years experience in OT development, and recently I tried to create a side-project in "1 month" with a friend, and it was impossible to create something that's good enough for my standards in that amount of time. It would require at least 4 months of constant working.

That being said, and taking in mind how most people today behave in OT development scene, I'm not even surprised that the situation is like this. Nobody wants to put effort or invest longer amounts of time into a project. Everyone would just like some "quick cash" and that's it.

But yeah, recently more and more people have been posting about this, though posting the obvious won't fix anything. Like @Clay the Hippy suggested, it's best to take the matter in your own hands and start by either creating a project or helping out a currently existing (custom) one.

All we need to fix this situation is people that are willing to work, and people that are willing to play these custom projects and not the heinous spawns of moneygrabbers.

(p.s. :salut: to actual RL map server owners who take care of their server and have been working on it for years continously. I only hate the brainless download-'n'-run servers.)

I feel special first time I've ever been tagged!

This is really old news, and how exactly is this thread going to help? I see posts just like this all the time.

any thing to raise awareness that we are severely lacking in developed OTs. Maybe an owner of a copy and paste ot will stumble in, and realize hes horribly wrong. Or maybe one of the shadowcores kids will come in here and have a life saving revelation about how he needs to better himself and the community.

Doubt either will happen but as long as theres a possibility I'm all for it. There is literally no downside its all upside. You can stop reading the thread once you realize where its going.

I love cyntara played it for awhile but got bored and all my RLs went rl tibia. Feel bad for red hes busted his ass on that server for years and hasn't gotten that big pay off yet.

Hi,

What's the purpose of this?
Getting attention and "likeability"?
Havn't you made a couple of threads very similar to this? (or am I just speaking (writing ;d) nonesense..)

any thing to raise awareness that we are severely lacking in developed OTs. Maybe an owner of a copy and paste ot will stumble in, and realize hes horribly wrong. Or maybe one of the shadowcores kids will come in here and have a life saving revelation about how he needs to better himself and the community.

Pretty much this. But you can go on with the "argument" you think you have against this.

Lately ive seen more and more of these threads, but all I see is the same people answering to them. People who download and run there server don't use this board... most of them just use the advertising board and resource board (to download their stuff ;) ) .

I agree that something has to change but this thread will be forgotten before you can blink.

Don't cry do something about it. Put the focus in yourself and ask yourself what can I do to help this change?, one thing could be stop focusing in the RL kiddos and go discussion or advertising and give some love to custom projects.

Why not be the change you want to see? Start developing your own Custom Server.

ps.
I love real maps. The real-maps that owners actually put time and effort into.

The download and run servers die within weeks anyways... don't let those ruin the image of the Real Map Owners who have put hard work into the development of there Ots.

Last edited:
I know I've said this before..

But I feel like I wanna get into detail with this..

I've been with this site since the early 2008
era.. Completely new faces Completely new styles I see.. I remember an entire advertising page of NOTHING but new types of Server... It really sucks to see it's completely changed.. I always figured this forum wouldn't go so far down the tubes..
I've talked about leaving the site.. I've even left it a couple of times.. But honestly i'm so sick of the donation hungry RL map Fake tibia hosts that I just don't even like logging into my account anymore.. I know it's all I ever see new when I come excited to see if anyone other then another 12 year old has opened a

"RL Project! 100% Custom! All the Same Real map But somehow I made it 100% custom! come check it out and DONATE! PLEASE DONATE TO KEEP THE RL ALIVE"

Like no, Just end your entire existence with Tibia if you're gonna be a complete failure and spam the forum with your Terribly AWFUL -10/10 RL Clone you claim is your own...

Not only Is it the RL maps that piss me off but it's that any other server that I see put A little effort into making something new.. (which I love don't get me wrong) but the Server has either No GM OR the GM on is begging for those minor donations that one person gave and is now unkillable and a complete tool sitting outside spawn killing anyone who takes a step out of safety..

To the point of all of this.. I'm just so disappointing to see my fellow OT Lovers..
Just disappointed.

Lets have a look at the first 2 pages in advertisement and look for some custom OTs:

http://otland.net/threads/poland-shiva-perelots-8-60-vanillamap.216320/
http://otland.net/threads/usa-insan...quests-custom-ot-achievements-32-sets.216703/
http://otland.net/threads/germany-tibiawars-10-41-beta.216812/
http://otland.net/threads/usa-deathzot-8-60-custom.215541/
http://otland.net/threads/usa-cyntara-v8-evo-10-41.215837/
http://otland.net/threads/france-custom-thanatos-ot-the-return-of-an-era-launched.216151/
http://otland.net/threads/sweden-pokemon-portal-online-beta-custom-start-today-16-00-gmt-1.216582/

The problem with unique custom OTs is that its hard to put together. Everyone can cooperate to improove a OT that mimics original tibia, but only a team can work for a custom OT. And the failure rate of custom OT teams is like 95%, especially the big projects.

I think the biggest problem is the playerbase, they don't want to re-learn anything. Thus a brilliant custom OT may very well end up getting a dead community since nobody bothers to give it a real attempt.

what Znote said is true sadly :p

"I think the biggest problem is the playerbase, they don't want to re-learn anything. Thus a brilliant custom OT may very well end up getting a dead community since nobody bothers to give it a real attempt."

what Znote said is true sadly :p

"I think the biggest problem is the playerbase, they don't want to re-learn anything. Thus a brilliant custom OT may very well end up getting a dead community since nobody bothers to give it a real attempt."
In fact, that already happened :(

Pretty much this.

@Xagul and I spent months revamping my original 860 project and it took months. It's not easy to make a custom server and it definitely takes a lot of time. I think one of the biggest problems nowadays is that there is no good distro to base your server off of. It's very hard to start completely from scratch, so now when people come out with "custom" servers it's usually just a server based off of an Evolutions distro, or a real map.

Another problem is that there isn't many unique scripts released anymore. Luckily for DeathZot is that Xagul is part of the team and he's pretty much able to make anything happen. If it weren't for him then DeathZot really wouldn't be anything. It's hard to create a unique server when you're first starting because you're basically relying on scripts released here to use. The problem with that is that they're all so overused.

I remember when there was a Reputation system, and despite people abusing it by just 'trading rep' I feel it also was the reason people were either helping or releasing unique scripts.

Back