• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

host or no?

Please stay within the topic if you have problem take it outside.

Is there anything else that could improve gameplay in any way?
Should i remove tasks or should task reward with maybe cosmetics rather than exp/gold because i feel like doing quests and getting xp for them is already good maybe rewards per lvls?

Please stay within the topic if you have problem take it outside.

Is there anything else that could improve gameplay in any way?
Should i remove tasks or should task reward with maybe cosmetics rather than exp/gold because i feel like doing quests and getting xp for them is already good maybe rewards per lvls?

Maybe mount's which makes u faster? Idk

as you can see I am using 7.4 map and moved edron to connect with OF and Venore! I do not want darashia ankh and port hope I feel like those cities ruin the balance of 7.4 a little. especially tombs I can still add hydras and alike somewhere

please let me know some more about old exiva

some more about old exiva
  • it already said how far in which direction
  • didn't say "on higher or lower floor"
  • "above or below" said "standing next to you"
  1. it gave some good spots on the map to hide or run free
  2. it was obviously harder to quickly locate someone
  3. higher and lower made the spell so easy
moved edron to connect with OF and Venore
add this steamboat in kaz so that it's really far to run

Last edited:
View attachment 60829

idea is to have no boats dont mind the isle of kings considering creating some form of graveyard in west from tibianic that connects underground with the place rather than this walkpath

do you think it be interesting to play no boat server? should there be multiple places of connection eg thais - poh carlin thais? venore to orc fortress?
Personally i don't think it's a good idea or even interesting at all.
as player i want to be fighting, not chasing my enemy all over the map even in 7.4 the map is huge and there are so so so many places where a player could hide

i might remove exiva completely i think it might just make world more dynamic and interesting.

and what is so bad about that it might make people frag less because they will rather wait for opportunity to kill their opponents :D
You said you wanted to make a server where pvp will be a main thing

Yeah but enforced just does not work skulls have to be in game so it be more rewarding to kill ur enemies

and what is so bad about that it might make people frag less because they will rather wait for opportunity to kill their opponents :D
It would probably lead to more griefing than anything if players know they can never be found. Exiva isn't even a big issue, the normal one that shows above/below and general direction is and always was fine. How long was it unchanged for? 10+ years? Only sweaty charloving freaks playing pvp worlds when they should be playing pve care.

If you want to make a good server then steering away from anything cip did after 8.6 is a good idea generally, which includes messing with exiva haha

idea is to have no boats

When you have a vision, that is usually about an end goal – a problem that you want to fix or an abstract feature that you want to implement.
Then you come up with means to reach that goal. You have provided us with the means that you want to use, without formulating a goal. Experimenting without a goal is fine, but it's hard to tell what will happen.

One thing that you need to consider is that the original map (with boats) is actually not flat. You can't walk around the globe, but you can travel by boat; Edron is right next to Thais and Venore. If you want a flat map, I think you need to change more than to draw land bridges to the islands. You have to solve the issue with creating extreme distances between places that was previously right next to each other. In the beginning there was only one city (Thais), but at every stage of development there was only one main player hub because you had instant access between every city. If you remove the instant access, you not only change the map but you also introduce multiple disconnected player hubs.

To make the change less drastic, you could choose one city to become the main hub that has everything players need. Then you could turn the other cities into lesser hubs. This concept already exists in Tibia to various degrees – from small rentable houses and guildhalls, to villages like Fibula.

To make it worthwhile to visit these lesser hubs, you could turn them into hunting grounds. For example, Ab'dendriel could have fewer elements of a player hub (depot, all shops, temple, lots of houses) in exchange for more hunting spawns with an elf theme. It would still be a city, but it wouldn't be a city made for players. Edron could have heroes and black knights. You get the point.
These lesser hubs could still have some degree of necessities, but not everything necessary to support a player indefinitely. Maybe these monster cities could have some NPCs to support hunts, but no postal service to support indefinite hunts? Maybe it could have some quarters with buyable houses, but no depot?

Last edited:
When you have a vision, that is usually about an end goal – a problem that you want to fix or an abstract feature that you want to implement.
Then you come up with means to reach that goal. You have provided us with the means that you want to use, without formulating a goal. Experimenting without a goal is fine, but it's hard to tell what will happen.

One thing that you need to consider is that the original map (with boats) is actually not flat. You can't walk around the globe, but you can travel by boat; Edron is right next to Thais and Venore. If you want a flat map, I think you need to change more than to draw land bridges to the islands. You have to solve the issue with creating extreme distances between places that was previously right next to each other. In the beginning there was only one city (Thais), but at every stage of development there was only one main player hub because you had instant access between every city. If you remove the instant access, you not only change the map but you also introduce multiple disconnected player hubs.

To make the change less drastic, you could choose one city to become the main hub that has everything players need. Then you could turn the other cities into lesser hubs. This concept already exists in Tibia to various degrees – from small rentable houses and guildhalls, to villages like Fibula.

To make it worthwhile to visit these lesser hubs, you could turn them into hunting grounds. For example, Ab'dendriel could have fewer elements of a player hub (depot, all shops, temple, lots of houses) in exchange for more hunting spawns with an elf theme. It would still be a city, but it wouldn't be a city made for players. Edron could have heroes and black knights. You get the point.
These lesser hubs could still have some degree of necessities, but not everything necessary to support a player indefinitely. Maybe these monster cities could have some NPCs to support hunts, but no postal service to support indefinite hunts? Maybe it could have some quarters with buyable houses, but no depot?
I see your point with this
I like your thinking
What would you consider of playing more with ghost of 7.4 where Prices of each town loot had difference? I could add various djinn items to be bought by npcs and their prices fluctuating from point to point of where we are e.g The further u are from hunting ground the more ur loot will sell for (meaning total djinn price every other town would be -10% -20% -25% at most maybe)
What about parcels in this occasions would it still be viable to use them?

I dont know if i like idea of destroying exiva it was only really a tought but yeah the map is fairly small. I am considering leaving carpet edron-femor hills as kind of interconnection but im thinking of how to sort out travel part whether to give exhaust ( to prevent hopping) or add certain item e.g similar of scarab coin something all mnsters would drop and would allow for such travel but again that could be gamebreaking too in a way

Still not sure about djinns whether they should exist or not maybe enchanced player trading and more gold dropped from monsters overall will be better

I think "no boats" aren't a keyargument to play the 0815 normal map.
If you want ppl to explore again, go and build your own map. Maybe close to real Tibia map (towns are the same, rest is custom made). ;-)

I guess this could be a really good match but not only an real tibia map without boats. Imho

I think "no boats" aren't a keyargument to play the 0815 normal map.
If you want ppl to explore again, go and build your own map. Maybe close to real Tibia map (towns are the same, rest is custom made). ;-)

I guess this could be a really good match but not only an real tibia map without boats. Imho
the dura approach is ok imo, very familiar map since it's mostly rlmap but with lots of customisation that's not stupid. Would save years on map development and is a good compromise imo, too much work to make a custom map these days that no one will appreciate or play if u want more than 10 players

Back