• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

host or no?

well there is multiple custom spawns like added already
new giant spider caves in poh
heros in wild warrior hideout on poh
tarantulas south of thais
even 8+ entrance to cyclops was added in thais and other things i do not want to spoil too much of it

What would you consider of playing more with ghost of 7.4 where Prices of each town loot had difference? I could add various djinn items to be bought by npcs and their prices fluctuating from point to point of where we are e.g The further u are from hunting ground the more ur loot will sell for (meaning total djinn price every other town would be -10% -20% -25% at most maybe)
What about parcels in this occasions would it still be viable to use them?

Well, I think the key is to make the travel worth while. In current Tibia the boat is essentially a teleport room to all other cities.
I would never walk Thais -> Venore -> Ab'Dendriel -> Carlin every time I sell my lootbags from Kazordoon mines, even if it gave me a little more profit. On the other hand, I gladly walk around the continent to complete Postman quest because the reward is worth while.

If you want to remove boats, you need to make it worthwhile to travel by foot on a regular basis. My suggestion is to modify the Tibia map so that only one city is the main hub and other cities are lesser (complementary) hubs, with a bigger focus on hunting spots and quests.

To evaluate this, let's imagine the reverse scenario. Say that Demona was just another city with depot, NPCs (with Warlock outfit) and houses – but it didn't have any big hunting spots. Would you walk to Demona City? No way! Do you walk to the regular Demona hunting spawn? Yeah!

I dont know if i like idea of destroying exiva it was only really a tought but yeah the map is fairly small. I am considering leaving carpet edron-femor hills as kind of interconnection but im thinking of how to sort out travel part whether to give exhaust ( to prevent hopping) or add certain item e.g similar of scarab coin something all mnsters would drop and would allow for such travel but again that could be gamebreaking too in a way

Some different suggestions to nerf Exiva without completely removing it:

• Remove the information about distance (only give direction).
  • Introduce a delay based on distance. If you stand still and/or are nearby the target your spell will be accurate. The further away the target is and/or the more you move after casting the spell, the less accurate your result will be.

I dont know if i like idea of destroying exiva it was only really a tought but yeah the map is fairly small. I am considering leaving carpet edron-femor hills as kind of interconnection but im thinking of how to sort out travel part whether to give exhaust ( to prevent hopping) or add certain item e.g similar of scarab coin something all mnsters would drop and would allow for such travel but again that could be gamebreaking too in a way

Still not sure about djinns whether they should exist or not maybe enchanced player trading and more gold dropped from monsters overall will be better

Exhaust on boat is interesting. It would also make sense from an rpg perspective (you already took the boat to Thais, he won't be leaving instantly to Carlin just because you ask him nicely).

If you allow travelling by boat with PZ lock, you can also introduce price gauging for skulled players. For example, a player with white skull has to pay 10x amount to travel. The captain doesn't want to assist in murder, but if you pay up he will make an exception and smuggle you.

• This price gauging could depend on levels, to make the "fine" hurt higher levels (the level is a factor when calculating new price).
  • The price gauging could also apply to red skull
  • The price gauging should also apply to yellow skull (to avoid cheap escapes after you attack a skulled player)
  • The price gauging could also apply to PZ lock in general (to avoid people fighting back and then escaping

I think i might keep carpet with prace gauging that you suggested as i already removed boats. femor hills- edron is still fair travel point i think
and about walking. for example if demona city had aols everyone would walk there from safety point of view in end game scenarios. and i think i know where i might actually put eremo.
about the hubs. I think that people with different vocations could prefer different towns by default because of different offered hunting grounds or just in general safety and i believe people would still travel quite a lot! why? because all quests give out XP! it not like u wont visit carlin banshee quest aint gonna do itself.

about the hubs. I think that people with different vocations could prefer different towns by default because of different offered hunting grounds or just in general safety and i believe people would still travel quite a lot! why? because all quests give out XP! it not like u wont visit carlin banshee quest aint gonna do itself.

I don't think travel by foot will be completely eliminated if you remove boats. People tend to stick around one area until you are ready to progress to a better spawn. When Edron trolls/orcs/rots is too easy and slow, you move on to a better spawn.

With boats, people tend to make temporary movements between different cities to find an empty spawn or just to get some variation. I don't think that kind of movement makes sense without boats.

What is your goal with removing the boats?

enforcing pvp to being chase mode. meaning that people
1. cant boathop if they have cash
2. have to run away from other players better and plan they routes
3. enhance the price of actually having keys to certain areas and knowing tibia all in around
4. making people in general be more willing to learn to walk and extend time played of the game ( normally we are so accustomed to go 8-20 rots /cycs 30-80 tombs 100- dragons here it would not be the case.
5. feeling of nostalgia of beeing freemium player without actual access to boat AKA feel like you are 7 years old playing game for first time again
6. allowing for smart traps. edron will be only town where u can learn premium spells so I can only kindly assume there will be traps there 24hours 7 days week if server will prove to be above 100 online.

remember thais vs carlin massacres in revenge for all those parcel scams 😋
exactly it gives people more of freebia feeling. before any code of conduct and banishments for unfair things happened. I am glad if someone scams someone that is what tibia is always lack of trust because you are not in any way attached to another player reason for guilds to form and reason for guilds to Rule and conquer. If you know team is taking over edron respawns and shit u either gonna form opposition to it or u gonna bend to their needs.

Back