• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hosting a server only for screenshots

Vaka

Collapser Zulu Mapper
Reaction score
i would like to take in-game screenshots of mapping, but i have not a clue of what to download. i have searched this site and otland, and every thread i find with people asking this question just gets shot down with "use the search function"

i have used the search function for an hour now with all types of different word combinations for hosting and i can't find anything of help. most i've got was a youtube video from 2008.

once i get the hosting client downloaded, i am familiar with using lua and xml, i have hosted before for the same reasoning, but it was 8.54 back then.

if anyone could help me out with a link to what i need, i would greatly appreciate it

i would like to take in-game screenshots of mapping, but i have not a clue of what to download. i have searched this site and otland, and every thread i find with people asking this question just gets shot down with "use the search function"

i have used the search function for an hour now with all types of different word combinations for hosting and i can't find anything of help. most i've got was a youtube video from 2008.

once i get the hosting client downloaded, i am familiar with using lua and xml, i have hosted before for the same reasoning, but it was 8.54 back then.

if anyone could help me out with a link to what i need, i would greatly appreciate it

• you need to download uniform server
  • if you want others to download you need to port forward, if not then put 127.0.0.1 as your ip in config.lua
  • you need to setup your database & everything, if you don't know how to do so just check one of the tutorials.
  • login using the ip 127.0.0.1 :)

• you need to download uniform server
  • if you want others to download you need to port forward, if not then put 127.0.0.1 as your ip in config.lua
  • you need to setup your database & everything, if you don't know how to do so just check one of the tutorials.
  • login using the ip 127.0.0.1 :)
thanks, i've looked and i cant find the config.lua though. it would be in the uniserverz folder right?

well, i could only find one tutorial, and the font on it was too small to read. again, i do not want to host for other people to log on, i just want to login myself and test maps/make screenshots.

do i really have to create a website and all that shit just to log on my server from my computer? i remember back in 8.54 days i didnt even have to have internet to log in my server that i was hosting from my own computer.

either way, if someone has the link to a tutorial that is readable, i would be in your favor.

well, i could only find one tutorial, and the font on it was too small to read. again, i do not want to host for other people to log on, i just want to login myself and test maps/make screenshots.

do i really have to create a website and all that shit just to log on my server from my computer? i remember back in 8.54 days i didnt even have to have internet to log in my server that i was hosting from my own computer.

either way, if someone has the link to a tutorial that is readable, i would be in your favor.
You don't have to create a website, you can account manager...

All you need to do is download uniform server (I gave you a link ealier) & open apache & the other one, then click on phpmyadmin in the uniserver panel, also make sure to quit skype before starting the 2 processes as skype listens on port 80 by default. However you don't need that port to be open if you don't want others to login... Create a new database in phpmyadmin then click on import, and choose import a file... Now choose mysql.sql in your server files. Now you have a working database (to make yourself admin or so), now when you first open uniserver it will ask you for a password to phpmyadmin, you will put this password as the database password in config.lua *located in your server files.) & the IP as 127.0.0.1 and your ready to start the server

Back