• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hosting a server

razr55

Reaction score
OK, so I am trying to start up a server and I have everything ready to go (server, znote aac, etc.). The only problem I'm having is that only I can connect to the znote aac through localhost. I have watched a few tutorials on how to setup the aac but none of them show how to set it up so it can be accessed by public instead of just me by typing localhost in the browser. I have also forwarded all the ports necessary to run the server and the site. I can send pics of anything needed and am absolutely open to PM's! Any and all help is appreciated!! Thanks!!

Edit: I also want to host the server from my home computer instead of using a hosting service

if you get DDosed on a home internet they'll probably cancel your contract.
Which means you could lose your internet.

Ok thanks! I’ll probably go with a windows version. I have to get the cloud vps to use windows though. Will the OVH VPS Cloud work the same as the SSD?
Better learn up on Linux, you will need it for sure in future..
SSD Is way better due OT is using a lot mysql and it helps loading faster actions

I would suggest you ubuntu 18.04, if u need help with installation pm me tomorrow Budex#6734
Ubuntu is basically the unstable version of Debian.
Debian is more stable, robust and reliable.
The only downside is that that means that Debian only takes the stable and well-tested packages into consideration. But that is the price for its' robustness.
So Debian will always be behind Ubuntu but more stable and reliable.

Better learn up on Linux, you will need it for sure in future..
SSD Is way better due OT is using a lot mysql and it helps loading faster actions
Ok will do! If I use Linux does that mean that everyone who plays the server will have to use Linux OS or a Linux tibia client?

Ubuntu is basically the unstable version of Debian.
Debian is more stable, robust and reliable.
The only downside is that that means that Debian only takes the stable and well-tested packages into consideration. But that is the price for its' robustness.
So Debian will always be behind Ubuntu but more stable and reliable.
Sure, everyone has unique thinks, I just gave my suggestion :D
Ok will do! If I use Linux does that mean that everyone who plays the server will have to use Linux OS or a Linux tibia client?
Nop, they can use regular Normal Windows Tibia client depends on what operative system they got on PC.
Also you are just running server from Linux operativ system nothing else :D

Back