• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hosting an OT on a Linux server?

kevin1

Reaction score
Is it possible? Is it better or worse than Windows? Is it any harder than hosting it on a Windows?

Thanks! :thumbup:

What ouch?

I can still use TFS can't I? Only difference will be instead of using XAMPP I'll need Apache and MySQL seperately?

Also, aproximately how many players could I get on a 2.4 DUO with 2GB ram?

It's a dedicated server by a hosting company so it's got good connection and all that.

When you say Security, do you mean Security for people to get into the server files or security as in DDOS attacks??

Also there are some bugs that are bugging in Windows, but not on Linux. It will unfortuantly cause you less problems and you won't waste your time on it.

Wheres a good place to learn about Linux systems (how to get started using one)? Where can I get Linux, whats the most recommended version of it, etc?

and php5 :thumbup:

lots of factors; map size, etc.
Ok, but lets say RL map and just everything like normal Tibia, I just want an aproximate.. 20? 50? 100? 200? 500? 1000? :p

Also there are some bugs that are bugging in Windows, but not on Linux. It will unfortuantly cause you less problems and you won't waste your time on it.
Unfortunately? Isn't the fact that it causes me less problems and I wont waste my time on it a good thing? typo? :p

Ok, but lets say RL map and just everything like normal Tibia, I just want an aproximate.. 20? 50? 100? 200? 500? 1000? :p

Unfortunately? Isn't the fact that it causes me less problems and I wont waste my time on it a good thing? typo? :p

There are many real maps. Remove all houses, spawns and you can host 1000s if you got enough line for it. I've answered this a million times before in more detailed faction.

No, it's not a typo. You got less problems to waste your time on, means you got to do other things.

Back