• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hosting problems - When I host, my whole net lags

Apollo

Herban Legend
Reaction score
Hi..

I want to host my own OTServer in my house, but when I do, i have everything working well. All ports are opened, people can connect.

Just one question which is the most important of them all:

Why does my whole wireless connection router lag when my server runs?

I know this because I used to host my own OTServer, and my brother would always get real tibian lag on his comp whenever I'd host it. Whenever i'd close it, he would have no problem at all.

Does anybody know the problem?

Thanks

Xine

OTS just take too many bandwith if there are many players online. OpenTibiaServer team is working on a branch to fix this(the famous "revnetsys"). Meanwhile, there is nothing that you can do.

<edit>
Yay, #100 post :p

Last edited:
It isnt the wireless that is lagging :p

That depends, if there is too many people on and little upload, the net will lag. Tho you can ask if the person is using tibia client while running the open tibia server which will cause it to consume all the CPU. Which will make the server lag.

Wireless sucks, maybe you are far away and that one connection that consume upload bandwidth are just killing it.

sorry for offtopic:
My server held 30 players
Internet 120kbps download
70kbps upload

30 players = 15-50 kB/s and you have only 8, I doubt they play lag free or are playable at all.

Last edited:
Mate it's your internet speed, your speed is way to low to host so many players and meanwhile Wireless internet slows it down even more try to use cable internet it should hold more players

That depends, if there is too many people on and little upload, the net will lag. Tho you can ask if the person is using tibia client while running the open tibia server which will cause it to consume all the CPU. Which will make the server lag.

Wireless sucks, maybe you are far away and that one connection that consume upload bandwidth are just killing it.

30 players = 15-50 kB/s and you have only 8, I doubt they play lag free or are playable at all.

We have same internet provider, from same town, so they dont need so much, there are no "outer" players :p

Back