• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Hosting

Anonymity

Reaction score
I am going to start hosting a new server but I am unable to buy "OVH host" as the top servers out there, because I am not from "EU or US" and I cannot provide my personal identity info,

So can someone recommend me a good "OVH Reseller" or a "host provider" with good DDOS-Protection like "OVH". I don't need to pay then I get fucked by DDOSers and hackers maybe.

and can you advise me what "Linux OS" I should us? "Debian-Centos-Ubuntu" and should it be "64bit or 32bit"? I am goin to host a huge real-map OT.

I just want it to be the same as the top servers can bear up to "1k-2k players without lags" and aint possible to get DDOSed.

I appreciate anyone's answer/help.
Thanks in advanced.
Sorry if wrong section.

PM's on otland always take that long to get a answer on them.. I avoid them :p
But yeah, next time maybe..or this time.. lets see if I can cancel the payment :)
My avg pm reply time is 8minutes :D Ask @Sinth
I believe you can cancel monthly with kimsufi. Just keep it for the month. If you are happy it's all good. If not I'm here doing what I always do :)
"Never change a running system."

I think you misunderstand OVH. You can be from anywhere in the world and purchase a server, but there are only North American and European data centers to choose from.
For example, I am from Australia and can purchase any OVH dedicated server hosted in North America or Europe.

AUVg3BE.png

I think you misunderstand OVH. You can be from anywhere in the world and purchase a server, but there are only North American and European data centers to choose from.
For example, I am from Australia and can purchase any OVH dedicated server hosted in North America or Europe.

AUVg3BE.png
^this Was surprised they wouldn't offer services for people from other countries not being part of EU or US.

@HalfAway Thanks mate. Acctually most of the servers have been moved to Germany, however they offer quite a good DDOS protection compared to OVH basic. Furthermore some of their servers are also located in OVH Datacenters within EU and I am also working towards moving new infrastructure to OVH :)

8? Must be because you sleep in the night right? :) I begin to think more and more that Damon is actually not a german man but a professional team of indians working 24/7 :D
Damn and here I was trying to hide my true identity... props you got me good :D

Back