• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

House items cleaned after restart

Froxxiieee

Reaction score
Hello,
I just restarted my server, for a second time, and realized it doesnt save any items in house...

I checked the tiles table in DB and see that there are no tiles listed (or they have wrong position from old map)

Also, a weird thing. My map has name map.otbm but when i save spawns like map-houses.xml it doesnt load properly and server wont start up. It must have the name like mapdump_27-12-2009_21-09-59.2101-house.xml (some completely different name than is the map file - the very first name I had on my map.otbm).

Another thing, when starting a server it says: warning:moveable item in house position xxx yyy zz

Can anyone help me why the server doesnt save houses? How does it work anyway.. when Im just doing /save it saves the data to houses xml file only or also to the db?

Third weird thing - some houses are working even tho I dont see their tiles xx yy zz in the db - how the hell is that possible?

THANKS

Last edited:
First of all, Check your config.lua for the line
Code:
mapName = "yourservermapfilenamehere"
If this name is not the same name as your mapfile, simply change it.

Another thing, when starting a server it says: warning:moveable item in house position xxx yyy zz
This is because you have a item that has been placed inside of a house, from the map editor. So load your map into your map editor, Find the cords x,y,z Of the error in your server and remove the item!

Should slove both of your problems

First of all, Check your config.lua for the line
Code:
mapName = "yourservermapfilenamehere"
If this name is not the same name as your mapfile, simply change it.
in config lua the name is map.otbm - in world folder the name is map.otbm - everything correct and clear so far. But weird thing is, that to start the server it requires some file mapdump_27-12-2009_21-09-59.2101-house.xml - NOT map-houses.xml!! there isnt any map-houses.xml in world folder.. So I was like wondering if server tries to save houses to map-houses.otbm (that doesnt exist tho) and when server starts it loads houses from mapdump_27-12-2009_21-09-59.2101-house.xml.. Thats just a theory tho

This is because you have a item that has been placed inside of a house, from the map editor. So load your map into your map editor, Find the cords x,y,z Of the error in your server and remove the item!

Should slove both of your problems

alright, so it shouldnt have caused this house-clean problem right?

Thanks for your help

EDIT:
3rd theory:
If I made houses both, house zone and protection zone, can the map clean also clear the houses? However, that would mean it gets cleaned even when the server is running and there is just a clean.. but the items get lost only when restarting

Last edited:
Back